Question

Possibly the worst online experience ever – no refund after cancelling an order

On 12/21 I ordered a 3 items, totalling $421 – A dishwasher and 2 accessories. The same day I found a better dishwasher to suit my needs on the same website so I cancelled the order using the customer service chat facility and ordered the new product. I was told I would receive a cancellation confirmation 24 hours late and my refund 3-5 days later too. All fair enough

2 days later the order center on sears.com had not been updated so I asked for an update as I had also not received cancellation confirmation. I was assured it had been cancelled – same story – 24 hours for the email and 3-5 days for the refund. Every tome i spoke to them – same story. On the 30th I was told it had not actually been cancelled yet and it would be done right away. I received a cancellation email for the two small items and my refund last night.every time I spoke to someone they assured me my entire order was cancelled. Today I called in again and was informed it was NOT cancelled….3-5 days etc etc. I then spoke to a supervisor who told me he would handle it and I had to wait 24 hours for a confirmation email and 3-5 working days for my refund….sound familiar? I guess the next step is to dispute the transaction with my bank, but a large company like Sears should at least have a better handle on customer service

Answers

7 answers

1. Same experience with Sears today. Placed an order in store for a treadmill on 5th Jan. Found the same item online for $200 cheaper in the end. There was no good number you could call to cancel the order. You call the store no. on the receipt, you end up speaking to someone offsite who spends an hour with you and unable to cancel. Then transfers you back to store - no response, left two messages. Finally managed to get someone who could cancel so I am not sure why the first associate couldn't cancel. Also no email confirmation that the order has been cancelled. The order online still shows active. Sales check no.. is 011634069304 And best of all they tell me it will take 7-10 business days to get my money back. Which age are we in?? Very frustrating...

2. I ordered a fitness equipment and was shipping to my previous address on the file. I realized it as soon as I placed order and talked to numbers of customer service people requesting either cancel the order or redirect to the right address. Sears knowingly send the item to the wrong address in another state and leave it on the door and still wants me to pay for it. They are crooks and has the worst customer service I ever experienced. Stay away!

3. I submitted an order for mattresses 2 of them on Dec 3rd confrimation #437330442 and have been extremely patient to hear from someone on delivery. I have made many calls probably spent at lest 3 hours total on the phone to find out that the entire order was never received from Homedirect to a local distribution company here in Portland. I am currently being charged for an order that I never received. I have called Sears to cancel the order and received an email today that states "Thank you for shopping at Sears.com!

Unfortunately, we are unable to cancel the (item) from your order reference number XX. The item is expected to ship on XX/XX/XX. Once the item has shipped, a tracking number will be provided to you within 48 hours.
    Again I have called Sears and again feel as if I can not rely on what I am being told. I still have charges on my card and do not have the merchandise. I am ready to cancel my card with Sears all together. It has been a really awful experience.

4. fourie3790,
    I saw your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I am very sorry to hear on the mishap with your online order. I can see how frustrating it is to request the order be canceled and not received your refunds in a timely manner. Even more, I understand how disappointing it can be not receive the help you need when you called us for support. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your experience. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the order was purchased under (if different than the contact number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your MySears screen name (fourie3790) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank, you Liz R. My Sears Social Media Moderator, Sears Social Media Support

1. In response to SHC-LizR

I sent an email to that email address....no response. In fact, on Friday afternoon I got a call to come and pick up my product that I had cancelled two weeks ago. I phoned the store and was told that they couldn't cancel the order or provide the refund. I had to go back to the online team. It's like chasing my own tail. Tomorrow I go to my bank to dispute the charges and I will make sure that I NEVER shop at this place again. I have bought countless things online from places such as amazon - even Walmart and have not had any issues. So far, Sears are 2 for 2 in totally messing up my orders and customer experience

5. Just read similar posts on site site and you will find that you are far from alone.

6. Hi fourie3790! I am so sorry you are having such a difficult time getting your refund on that return. I can understand being exasperated but the process! Please check back on this thread for a reply from a SearsCares team member. They will be your one point of contact in making sure you get that refund. Thanks!

See More