Question

Price match policy is misleading

I purchased a Kenmore HE Washer in store on 1/4/14. Found out today I could have purchased it online for pickup and used a promo code to save an additional $50.00 off the sale price. I called the store that I bought the washer at and explained the issue. Was told to bring a printout of the site and the original receipt to the store to get the difference back. When I arrived at the store I was passed around through a few people till I was finally told that they can not match the online price because it is a in cart promo. Is this correct or should I have been issued a refund for the difference?

Answers

2 answers

1. Hi dmatherne!

We appreciate you providing feedback in regards to an issue with price matching. This issue may fall under Price Match Policy below:

Sears Branded Stores and Sears Branded Websites
    If you find a lower price on an identical brand and model number from another Sears branded non-outlet retail format or website, Sears will match that price. Sears will not price match limited time Online Only events, special Online Price, or conditional Online Only Special Offers on our websites. Only items listed as Sold by Sears or Sold by Kmart are eligible for price matching on our websites. Sears will not price match any Marketplace items or any items sold by Sears Outlet or searsoutlet.com. All other rules for qualification apply.

Hope this helps!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

So I take it that the online promo code giving the discount is considered an online only event.