Question

Problem with order

I would like to start by saying this is the 2nd email that I have sent.

I have had a very poor experience with the purchase of my new Kenmore refrigerator. Lets start from the beginning. I picked up my own refrigerator on Tuesday July, 30. There appear to be no damage to the box so I loaded it no my trailer and drove home. When I got it home I took it out of the box to find that it had been dropped and the pan under the compressor was crushed. Because of the location of the damage I wanted this to be replaced.

I called the store and the manager said that I had to bring it back on my own and Sears would not pick it up. This made me angry because the damage was not my fault. Finally, the manager agreed to give me a 50 dollar credit for my trouble. I then said that I wanted the new one delivered to my house by Sears. The manager said that this would cost me 70 dollars. After arguing back and forth the shipping fee was waived.

I was given a 2 hour window of 215 to 415 the night before the delivery. This was fine and I arranged my work schedule accordingly. At 7 AM of the day of delivery I got a call saying that the new time was between 115 and 315. This was slightly more inconvenient but I could manage with my work to be there. Lastly, I received a call at noon saying the delivery would be at my house at 1235! Because of this I had to leave work much earlier than expected. I am a health professional and leaving the hospital unplanned is very difficult and frowned upon by my boss. This is a horrible way to run a delivery service and this angered me.

Also, after talking to the delivery men I found out that damaged products can be picked up by delivery even though they were brought home by the costumer. The manager of the store was wrong and cost me even more time and money!

Needless to say this was a horrible experience from store service, to customer service to delivery service. I wasted a lot of my personal time, gas, and paid time off from work because of this situation. My family and I are life long loyal Sears customers. I would never expect to be treated the way that I was. My continued shopping at your store will be determined by the actions you plan to take regarding this email. Please respond ASAP since this is my second email attempt to contact you.

Answers

3 answers

1. hunk034,
    We’re sorry that our customer service did not meet expectations with your recent refrigerator purchase. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would be happy to discuss this situation with you and address any other concerns you may have. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (hunk034) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.
    Thank you,
    David W.
    MySears Community Moderator

• San Jose, CA

All of this happened in a 4 day time window.

Sears deliveries are commonly a week, or more out on large sized items.

Hopefully, your new appliance will not experience what the first machine did.

Good luck.

2. Hi there, hunk034! Thank you so much for sharing your experience today on MySears! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your purchase and delivery. I am sorry to hear it was so disappointing on a few different levels. I would love to get you in touch with the SearsCares team so you can discuss this further with them.

Please check back right here in a bit. A team member will make initial contact requesting more information shortly.

Thanks!

See More