Question

Problems with washing machine

Went to Sears store in Jersey City 4 years ago. Explained to sales rep what we would be using the washing for a pet store, dog kennel, grooming etc., and will be washing towels, beds, blankets etc. The sales rep knew we had a store and suggested the model we currently have. We have called for repairs about 3 times in the past with no problems. Today we needed emergency repair and was offered February 3 which means we will be without a washer for 18 days. We were also told that our warranty/extended warranty would be canceled because we are using a residential machine for commercial purposes. I reiterated what the sales rep sold us knowing that we were a commercial business but the person said that did not matter and that we would be canceled from any warranty etc. I ended up speaking with a manager and they said we would be grandfathered but could not explain why this was happening. We were also told that when the technician comes out they will see that the machine is being used for commercial purposes and he will have the authority to have our warranty and extended warranty canceled. We are having our plumber come to make sure pipes are fine but they will not work on the washing machine. Our big issue is why would Sears sell us a residential washing machine with we clearly stated that it would be for commercial use. And now even after paying for extended warranty will be canceled.

Answers

2 answers

1. Hello Rocjez,

Thank you for letting us know about your washer repair and warranty concerns. My name is Tony and I am part of the Sears Cares team. The aggravation that you must feel with regard to the service delay along with the warranty confusion is definitely understandable and we would be happy to step in assist in resolving this to your complete satisfaction. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Rocjez), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We do look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thank you,
    Tony
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi there, rocjez! Welcome to MySears! I am so sorry to hear about the troubles you are having getting your washer repaired. I have sent your concerns along to SearsCares, the customer service escalation team. They will be happy to discuss your repair and warranty validity with you.

A team member will be by in a bit looking to help. Once they post a response, I will send you an email letting you know.

Thanks!