Question

RE: Re2:RE: Re1:RE: (KMM30179762V35669L0KM)‏ ELISABETH MILLS 5:33 PM To: Sears Parts Direct – Customer Support Picture of ELISABETH MILLS Tenisha , I am having great difficulty wrapping my head around this situation so let me summarize the salient points a. You have a contract with a&e appliance repair. b. You can not speak to the terms and conditions of that contract they are simply your subcontractor. c. Your 1800 4 your home call center sets appointments and dispatches and facilitates for the 3rd party a&e appliance repair. d. You condone the usurers over charging for parts by A&E . e. you refuse to honor the 20% holiday special that was on your web site. f. you refuse to honor the advertised corporate price match policies . g. My name is Elisabeth Mills not Mrs Milos and I am not married h. You feel confident and secure that If I were to share the information about this service call with local consumer advocacy organizations and the media and that the conduct of Sears would be found to be honorable and forthright. I will restate my original requests a. that I be charges the advertised price for the part and no more than the price the part is available for on your web site. b. that I receive the advertised discount on the service Thank You Elisabeth Mills > Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 11:46:27 -0600 > From: Partsdirect@customerservice.sears.com > To: ebetsie@msn.com > Subject: Re2:RE: Re1:RE: (KMM30179762V35669L0KM) > > Dear Mrs. Milos, > > Thank you for contacting Sears Holdings and we apologize for the > inconvenience you have experienced with a part order by our technician. > > We are unable to price match parts our technician ordered. > > This gift card has been processed for you. You should receive it by the > US Mail within 10 business days. > > If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us directly > at 1-800-479-6351. > > We thank you for choosing Sears and appreciate the opportunity to assist > you. We look forward to seeing you in our Sears store soon. > > Sincerely, > Tenisha T. > > Sears Holdings Corporation > > > > > Original Message Follows: ———————— > > You really deem it appropriate and correct to charge 200 + percent of > the MSRP for a part. I feel like this is gouging the consumer in a > situation of distress. What are you facilitating here the wholesale > exploitation of the consumer. A consumer who has put their trust in our > name, your brand. Please take a serious look at this would you, you > personally feel that this is appropriate What are your standards of > service? What is in your contract with the subcontractor? Do you mean to > tell me that you approve of over charging for parts. What is the exact > verbiage in your contract covering the pricing for parts. > > > How dose this fit into your Price Match Policy? > > > http://www.sears.com/cspricematch/nb-100000000022522 > Price Match Policy > > > Retail Competitors – Stores > If you find a lower price on an identical brand and model number > currently available for sale at another local competitor’s retail store, > Sears will match that price. Just bring in the original advertisement to > a sales associate at the time of, or within 14 days after, your > purchase. > > > Retail Competitors – Online > If you find a lower online price (including any costs for shipping and > handling, but not delivery) on an identical brand and model number > currently available from a local competitor’s retail store honoring its > own online price and the item is currently available for sale and > delivery in your area, Sears will match the price of the merchandise. > Just print the ordering page (including the costs for shipping and > handling), and bring it to your Sears store at the time of, or within 14 > days after, your purchase. If you are purchasing the item from > sears.com, please fill out a Price Match form. Sears will not price > match internet-only retailers. > > > Sears Branded Stores and Sears Branded Websites > If you find a lower price on an identical brand and model number from > another Sears branded non-outlet retail format or website, Sears will > match that price. Sears will not price match limited time Online Only > events, special Online Price, or conditional Online Only Special Offers > on our websites. Only items listed as Sold by Sears or Sold by Kmart are > eligible for price matching on our websites. Sears will not price match > any Marketplace items or any items sold by Sears Outlet or > searsoutlet.com. All other rules for qualification apply. > > > Exclusions > Sears will not price match competitor’s items that are limited in > quantity, offered for sale for less than six hours during a day or door > busters. Sears will not price match items offered for sale Thanksgiving > Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving, bonus or free offers, special > offers, online-only offers, bundled offers, rebates, any special > financing offers, coupons, protection agreements, clearance or closeout > prices, or prices on used, damaged, returned, open box or display > merchandise. Sears will not price match services (including, but not > limited to, delivery, installation, and assembly), parts, Sears Licensed > partner websites, digital services, Sears Presents or Shop At Home > catalogs. Stores in Puerto Rico, Alaska, and Hawaii will not match any > online prices. Sears will not match typographical errors or competitor’s > prices that result from a price match. Sears will not price match > Kenmore items at non-Sears Holdings retail formats. > > > Price Protection Policy > Buy with confidence from Sears. If an item you have purchased from Sears > goes on sale for a lower price within 14 days of your purchase, Sears > will refund the difference. All Price Match rules and exclusions apply > including no Price Protection adjustments between Thanksgiving Day and > the Monday after Thanksgiving. > > > To claim a Price Protection Policy adjustment, go to your original Sears > store where the purchase was made with your receipt. If your purchase > was made on Sears.com, please fill out a Price Protection form. You will > be given a refund for the difference of the original selling price and > the current advertised/reduced price. Apparel clearance merchandise and > conditional Online Only Special Offers do not qualify for Price > Protection Policy adjustments. > > > > > here is the on line information on the part for 52.75 > > > https://www.appliancezone.com/ShowProduct.aspx?ID=35857&gclid=CKSur8L_j7sCFdEWMgodCQUAwQ > > > Clothes Dryer Heating Element w/Housing – 131553900 > > > > > Clothes Dryer Heating Element w/Housing – 131553900 > > Pan Style Heating Element Assembly used on some Frigidaire/WCI brands > electric clothes dryers. > E-line has felt strip and terminals at 4 o clock. No. 131475300 has no > felt strip and terminals at 1 o clock. > Dryers pull air from outside the unit and blow it through a coiled wire > heating element into the dryer drum. As the drum spins, hot air > regulated by a thermostat passes over, under, and around wet clothes to > dry them. A dryer that tumbles the clothes while blowing cool air could > have a damaged heating element that needs replacing. Most dryer elements > are very easy to change out. > > Includes Rear Housing with Element and Insulators already attached > Approx. 21.5

Answers

2 answers

1. Hi ebetsie,

We appreciate you taking time to post about what you have encountered with your dryer repair, parts order and member services; it is obvious this has been an aggravating and challenging episode. Please be assured Sears makes every attempt to provide quality services whether by Sears directly or a contracted service provider; it is evident we did failed you in this area. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. I am taking this time to offer our assistance on this matter. We would like to speak with you to provide further assistance and do further research concerning your dryer repair. Please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name (ebetsie), to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention; we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,

Brian R.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

2. Hi there, ebetsie! Thanks for posting on the community. Your comment is a little difficult to read, but I gather that you are not receiving a promised price on a part and you would like to speak to someone who can help you through our site. I am happy to get you in touch with SearsCares, the customer service escalation team. They can discuss this with you and will do what they can to assist.

A team member will be by shortly with a response. Once they post, I will notify you via email with a link directing you back to this thread.

Thanks!