Question

Reading over some of these questions (complaints), I realize that customer service may not be going great. I recently placed 2 orders through Sears.com and made sure it was from Sears just in case there is a problem with the order I can return it since there is only a sears next to me. Well, when the orders came in about 4 different boxes, turns out some items were from Sears and others were from Kmart! Not only that, one of the items were missing and now there’s this process of talking to UPS and Customer Service and more waiting. The customer service reps have always been nice, but it’s pretty annoying. I purchased the items as gifts for some kids, but I am seriously considering returning everything and purchasing my stuff else where. And not only was one item missing but the two items from Sears.com specifically say on the invoice-”DO NOT RETURN TO A SEARS STORE” What??? That’s pretty annoying since the return policy said I can return items to the Sears store. What is going on with Sears.com customer service? I just went to sears to purchase some tools and they were great there. Just would be weary of shopping online (which I do 90% of the time) from Sears.com

Answers

5 answers

1. Dear Trckmstrs,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We sincerely apologize for the disappointment surrounding your online orders. We can certainly understand why this situation is more than a little frustrating for you, especially since these items were going to be presents. We would like the chance to look into this further, and see what options we have to make this right. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Trckmstrs), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Thank you,
    Brian S.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

1. In response to SHC-BrianS

Thanks for the info and I did as you said and got a response. Let me tell you, as always, the reps are super nice. But today, it was basically one step forward, two steps back for me with this order! After emailing the info you listed to the email, I got a response the next day that a rep with contact me. Today I was contacted by Stephanie (super nice and helpful). I also happened to finally get a response from Kmart.com about the order and will be issued a refund. Stephanie called after I received the email and she basically said, Sears was sorry for the problem and hopefully the issue can be fixed and maybe we can give you something for the inconvenience. I don't know what was meant by that. Anyhow, I was calm and everything and let her know about the email. She was nice, confirmed the information and my address, but wanted to make sure she mentioned that she wasn't sending me anything. (thought that was funny, but I wasn't expecting anything but to have the situation rectified, although my husband was upset we had to go through this issue and should have gotten a gift card or something> he thinks I was too nice and only irate customers get free stuff! haha! I think Stephanie was great and very nice so I was going to be nice to her. Just happy to get things fixed.

However, after the call, I decided to drive to the closest Kmart to return some of the items (which isn't that close at all and that is why I shopped at Sears.com and made sure things came from Sears.com because it's only 2 miles from me!) Anyhow, things turned to **** right then. Line for returns was long for some reason and when I got up there, the staff member did not know how to process my return, so it was super frustrating. I had kids with me and they were getting antsy and I was not about to wait another 45 mins or so to get things fixed, so I just left and vowed to come back another time. This is not how things are supposed to work. I order items from Sears.com, get things from Kmart.com, have to return them to Kmart and it's horrible! First I'm not happy, then I'm fine and now I'm back to angry at Sears (I guess more at Kmart!) UGH!

2. In response to SHC-BrianS

Hello, trckmstrs! My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalation team. Please accept our sincerest apologizes for the continued frustrations you have encountered with your online order. Per our records, I see your case manager has reached out to you to on 03/06/13. I will forward your comment over to your case manager for contact. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience. Thank, you Liz R. My Sears Community Moderator

3. In response to SHC-BrianS

Yes she did and she was nice. Like I said, the reps are always nice and courteous. I just had a huge problem with Kmart and having to go way out of my way to get there to return an item, even though sears would have been easily a better option, and I thought was where my initial purchase was from--cemented the fact that I hate Kmart!

2. Hi trckmstrs! Thanks so much for posting this valuable feedback. We are always looking to improve our customer's online ordering experience-we know how important this is with so many folks doing most of their shopping online these days.

As far as your individual order, I think a SearsCares team member can help get your order sorted out for you, if you would like. Please check back on this thread soon for a reply so they can directly work with you as soon as possible. Thanks again!