Question

Refund Run around Order # Order 449104186 My order was cancelled on January 23, 2013 for a craftsman socket set (by sears). After numerous attempts asking for a refund, here it is almost 2months later & still getting the same run around 3-5 days. I used to be a long time sears customer but after this incident It shows me how bad sears has gotten. As a result I have decided to start taking my hard earned money and shop elsewhere. I believe that customer service is a major factor as to how a company is run. It is apparent by all the complaints on lack or extremely long refund times that sears doesn’t care for it’s customers. It’s very sad & like in my case I would have used that refund to purchase something else from sears, but not now. If anyone knows how I can get through to sears to get MY money back, please advise.

Answers

15 answers

1. Just wanted to post a update. I got this today "Sears Holding Corporation just sent you a refund"

After I posted my issue here it got the wheels turning & I appreciate everyone who assisted me in getting this matter finally resolved! Lesson learned that I probably will never place another online order with sears again, only shop in store.

1. In response to tnaz71

Hi tnaz71!

Thank you for coming back in and updating your refund status! We appreciate you doing so!

2. Oh my gosh this scares me...It has been almost 2 months? Holy ****! I ordered a desk and cancelled the order myself less than 24 hours later,and now its a week later, and the order still says its processing, and their excuse for not refunding my account yet is that their system is so automated that it doesn't need a lot of human involvment...which is ridiculous! Where have I heard that before? Oh yes from a movie..."The Terminator... the machines have taken over!!" I've just been getting the run around too, and like with yours it's always the same thing "...we're sorry" ... and "3 to 5 days..." and now I see your post and I'm almost in a panic. :( 2 months? I have a very limited income, and I didn't make this order carelessly, I researched for close to a month, and thought since its Sears, I feel confident that I would receive good "customer care" as they call it, but I haven't received that no matter what I have done. I NEED my money back, and as far as I'm concerned, they have stolen it from me. I'm so sorry this has happened to you and to me. I'm about ready to start talking about this all over facebook, or something.

1. In response to darknesseternal

I bet this post will get removed...I noticed the word SHARE up there, underneath the tnaz post, and it lists links to facebook, and twitter, etc., so out of curiosity, I clicked on the facebook link, and not surprisingly it mysteriously did not go anywhere. It just sits there, and nothing happens. I know my browser sometimes has a problem with fb, but that is not the case right now. Hmmmm maybe the machines really HAVE taken over, and all those emails I have been getting have been automated and...come on Sears, are you kidding? Refund our money!

2. In response to darknesseternal

Oh, and one more thing. They **** out a word up there on my first post, but I had not used any profanity. That word was the word rap with a C in front of it, and not what you might think.

3. In response to darknesseternal

Hi darknesseternal,

Thank you for posting your refund concerns and feedback with us in the MySears Community!

I am sorry to hear that you have been waiting over a week for your refund. We would love to help on our end and have one of our Sears Cares Team members help in checking on the status of your return. We understand completely how this might raise a red flag, especially when being on a tight budget and the refund time limit has passed.

One of our Sears Cares members will reach out and ask for additional information so that they can check on your refund status. So please check back periodically for they will be replying back within a day.

Thank you!

4. In response to darknesseternal

Hi,

Thank you for letting us know of this issue for we want to make sure our members have complete access to this social sites.

May I ask what browser you are using?

To check the connections I had clicked on "share" above using Google Chrome and Internet Explorer and it took a few seconds (showing an highlighted "contacting Facebook"), but did open up to Facebook on our end.

Please let us know if this still continues on your end for we can have someone check the system to make sure it is working properly. :)

5. In response to darknesseternal

Good evening Wendy. I saw your post, and in fairness, I tried the links again, and still got nothing. I tried facebook, twitter, and email, and zero happens. It literally just sits there, and doesn't even try to load. I admit it could be my chrome browser, but I am still able to reach facebook using my bookmark on chrome, so I don't know why it would not work from the sears site. However...even though when I click on the other links, there is absolutely no activity, when I click on 'shopyourway', (which I am not a member of), it worked. LOL! I will swear in court this is 100% true and accurate.

6. In response to darknesseternal

Darknessseternal, I saw your comment today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I am sorry for the troubles you have encountered with your order. I can truly understand your frustrations for not being refunded in a timely manner. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your issue and ensure that your needs are met to your satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (darknesseternal), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Community Moderator

7. In response to darknesseternal

I appreciate you re-checking darknesseternal for this is good to know. I will leave a message for one of our tech's to check the system.

MySears Community is a new platform so there could be an issue that we are not seeing on our end when checking the links but can be one with our members accessing.

Again, I thank you for bringing it to our attention!

8. In response to darknesseternal

I used your link and it takes me to the managemylife registration page, where it asks me to complete my registration by typing in my first name and zip code, then has 4 check boxes for the newsletter etc. types of options, and no matter how many times I put in my name, or zip code,or which boxes I checked or unchecked, it would not unshade the register button, so I was unable to get to that link. Its getting a little harder to say to myself that its "just a coincidence" or that I am "being paranoid." I don't use a proxy, my ip address is out there for anyone to see who wants to, so I have no illusions that I'm anonymous or hidden. Obviously my name is probably not darkness, but it is in all honesty a name associated with me, and that I use. This is just getting more and more big brother, and stepford wives like, all the time. That post to that other thread also got posted to my facebook page by the way. I did that just a few hours ago, and you should see the response. Is this going to get my refund to me any faster? I have no doubt that I have lost that money, and it's not enough to go to small claims court over. This makes me ill. It's not like I can afford to toss out $144. Sears sucks. There is no getting around that any more.

3. Dear tnaz71,

Please accept our apologies for the frustrations surrounding your refund. We certainly understand the importance of receiving your refund in a timely manner. At your convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (tnaz71), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com so we can assist you with getting this resolved as quickly as possible. We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thank you,
    Misty H.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

4. Hi tnaz71! Thanks so much for posting today. We appreciate the feedback-to hear your experience really helps us to make the improvements we need to in order to make sure our loyal customers continue to shop with us.

I am so sorry it has been so difficult for you to get your refund. Please check back soon right here. I know a member from the SearsCares team can help. They will respond with a request for more information in a bit. Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Thank you JulieK for responding. I will keep an eye on this for any developments.

I think that if I was told "Hey you will get a refund in x# of weeks" rather than the 3-5 day run around that seems to be the norm now, it would have been no issue. Only thing I want is a direct & honest answer. I have been a loyal sears customer for over 25yrs.

Thank you again for your time, I look forward to a resolution.

2. In response to SHC-JulieK

Thanks for the reply. Keep us posted on the resolution! I am sure SearsCares will be able to help