Question

Replace rinse aid cap in ken more elite dishwasher

My mother didn’t attach the rinse aid cap correctly in her Kenmore Elite dishwasher. The cap fell down and was melted by the heating element. Now everything she washes looks terrible. I called customer service and was give the royal run-around. Charging me $57 plus shipping is not going to happen. As a 45 year Sears customer any future purchases at Sears Holding companies hangs in the balance. While many companies would happily just ship me this little, but important cap, the Sears customer dis-service representative took a tough luck attitude. IF this is indeed the Sears company attitude, please let me know so I can shop elsewhere in the future. Somehow after spending thousands, the inflexibility to send me this stupid, little cap just seems so petty. I know Sears is in serious financial trouble but come on, this is one of the little things that destroy a company.

Answers

7 answers

1. Dear, vbdenny

We are so sorry to hear about the problems your mother is experiencing with her dishwasher. We can only imagine the frustration this has caused with not having a proper functioning appliance in her household. My name is Mina with the Social Media Support team. We value you and your mother as a Sear’s customer and we would like to offer assistance with the level of service you have experience and seek other options with your part request. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as your screen name to reference this post (vbdenny), to smadvisor@searshc.com and will contact you directly. We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thank you,
    Mina H.
    Social Media Moderator

1. In response to SHC-Mina

Wow, sure didn't expect to hear back. I sent my contact I for and a copy of this transcript to the email address you provided.

2. In response to SHC-Mina

Fantastic! Let us know how things go, vbdenny!

3. In response to SHC-Mina

I must take a moment to thanks Sears community team for very rapidly resolving my issue. After dealing with so many terrible customer service experiences it was a pleasure dealing with Sears. I honestly never expected any resolution, I was measly venting steam. Thank you so much for your help and consideration, it meant a great deal to me even though the item was rather small. I will continue to be a Sears customer because a team that can quickly determine a customers issue and resolve within 12 hours is pretty impressive. I would suggest that Sears train it's everyday representatives to be as responsive as this team.

4. In response to SHC-Mina

Thanks so much for this wonderful feedback, vbdenny! I am so glad to hear we were able to take care of you today!

5. In response to SHC-Mina

Hello vbdenny,

Thank you for posting. I have forward your compliment on to your case manager and her manager.

Thank you,
      Dianne D.
      Social Media Moderator
      Social Media Support Team

2. Hi there, vbdenny! Welcome to MySears! Thanks for posting your question today. I am going to pass this along to SearsCares, the customer service escalation team. They will be happy to discuss your options with you on that cap replacement.

A team member will be by shortly requesting a bit more information. Once they respond, I will notify you via email with a link back to this thread.

Thanks!

See More