Question

Replaced chainbrake kit on my saw mdl.#358.350990. When I fired it up the bar oil started dumping out.It looks like it’s comeing from behind the bar plate but can’t tell how. The manual does not show the oiler sys. in any detail. What too do??

Answers

3 answers

• San Jose, CA

Sears sells are really good chainsaw carrying case accessory that holds the chainsaw, with a plastic scabbard to cover the bar and chain.

Any oil seepage will be contained within the black plastic case.

The cost is $29.99 and comes "flat", before being assembled into its full-sized shape.

The case works for many either electric or gasoline powered chainsaws.

1. Thank you for your question. You should understand that as long as the engine is running oil will be dumped out. It doesn't matter if the chain is being used or not. As long as the engine is running even if the chain is not being used oil will be dumped. If the oil leaks with the engine not running then likely you need a new oil pump.

2. Yikes! My hope is that this is an easy issue to fix Mo_Mo!

We thank you for posting your question in the MySears Community and would love to help with this issue!

I have escalated your question to one of our Experts to see if they can provide you with some additional tips on figuring out what might be causing the oil to be leaking.

Please check back periodically and one of our Experts will be responding with additional information.

Thank you!