Question

Rescheduling “your cancelled appointment”

My Kenmore Elite range model 790-9747 suddenly started making a grating noise a week ago when baking. As the noise is from the rear right, the tech over the phone thinks it is the fan, ordered the part and scheduled appt. for July 8, 1-5pm. When the part arrived on July 3, I notified service, as requested, that it had. Today, 7/8, I have 4 voicemails on HOME phone from the w/e, 2 from sears and 2 from local service asking why I was not home “as scheduled for service” on Sat July 6. I did not make any appt. for Sat (knowing I would not be here) and gave Sears my CELL phone number (which they did not call).
When I called this morning, they had cancelled the appt. for today and cannot reschedule until 7/16!! I am not happy that I either risk further damage to the stove or simply not use the bake cycle for 9 more days when Sears has fouled this appt. up on so many levels…all I got was apologies. Is it really likely that there is NO repairperson in the greater Boston area that is available for 9 days, or is it really that Sears only does business with a limited number? The service contract may cover everything, but when is an issue.

Answers

4 answers

1. Dear JudyJPG,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We are terribly sorry to learn of the trouble you are experiencing with your Kenmore range, and apologize for the delay in having the unit repaired. We’d be happy to look into this for you, and see what options we have to help get this situation corrected. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (JudyJPG), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We do look forward to assisting with this situation, and speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    Brian S.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-BrianS

Thank you, Brian, will contact you. Judy

2. Hi JudyJPG! Welcome to MySears! Thanks for your question today. I am sorry to hear about the troubles you have had getting your stove repaired. We can have a SearsCares team member contact you to see if they can get your appointment expedited. Please check back right for a response from a team member shortly.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Thanks Julie, sent an email to Brian last night. Judy