Answers

4 answers

1. Wndy,

I have the same issue with my Samsung French Door refrigerator and have not found a sloution as of yet. I am going to try and see if in facct the refrigerator is perfectly level. I will then try the pam method. Iuse crushed ice every morning for my smoothies. Let me know if you found a working solution.....

2. Hi wendys,

If SHC-BillW's suggestion doesn't resolve the issue, it's possible the refrigerator needs to be leveled so the ice chute aligns correctly with icemaker opening, preventing warm air from entering to melt ice near the opening. Check that the fridge is level from side to side by placing a carpenter's level on top of the fridge, and adjusting the front leveling legs as necessary so it's perfectly level.

I hope this helps!
    Ms. Samsung

3. Hi wendys,
    The problem could be one of ice in the chute. When you get the ice, is it crushes ice? If so so small pieces of the crushed ice sticks to the ice chute and then melts in the warm air. A solution is to use a anti-sticking cooking product, such as Pam and coat the ice chute on the inside, and the ice will not stick to the plastic chute when you get ice. This will work for cubed ice as well. Thanks for the question.

4. Hi wendys! Sorry to hear about your refrigerator leaking. We will have am Appliance Expert stop by to see if he has a suggestion or two. If you post your model number, that can help him pinpoint the issue a bit more effectively. Thanks!

See More