Question

Samsung microwave model smh9207st – vent fan & light buttons

the buttons for the vent fan & light have been pushed all the way in and now there is just a blank hole in place of the buttons. What parts do I need and how do I get the panel off to repair it?

Answers

2 answers

1. Hello oceancindy47. I recommend that you have a service technician examine the microwave and repair that type of problem. The technician will probably need to replace the control panel assembly. The reason why we recommend that you have a service technician complete that repair is that microwaves contain high voltage components that can retain a lethal electrical charge even when the microwave is completely unplugged from the electrical outlet. Microwaves are inherently dangerous to service. In addition to that, a microwave radiation shielding leakage test must be performed on the microwave using proper testing equipment and methods following any repair before the microwave can safely be returned to service. You can call Sears for service at 1-800-469-4663 (1-800-4MY-HOME).

2. Hi oceancindy47! Thanks for posting your question today. We can have an Appliance Expert look into this for you and help guide you through the repair. Check back on this thread shortly for a reply.

See More