Question

Sears Corporate Office,I purchased a stackable Kenmore washer and dryer from Sears on November 28, 2013 from the Dulles Virginia location, extremely happy with the products and the price. I am writing because this has been one of the worst customer service experiences I ever experienced. After I purchased the items on November 28, 2013 I was given a delivery date of December 1, 2013 between 8:30 am to 10:30 am. When the installers showed up to my house at 830 am they informed me that the sales associate that sold me the units orders the wrong stacking kits. Therefore the washer and dryer where delivered but not installed and the old unit was hauled away. I went to Sears and spoke to the Store Manager Asad Azad, he called the Sears delivery department and I received a delivery for December 2, 2013 between 8:30 am to 10:30 am. I then had to take out from work due to the negligence of this associate to get these units installed. The installers arrived 8:35 am and installed the stacking kit and placed the units in my washroom closet. Upon washing and drying my first load of clothes, I realized the stackable units where not stable and the dryer vent hose was lying behind the units, obviously not properly connected. For the third time I had to go back to Sears and reschedule another install. The install was set for December 7, 2013 between 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm, the installers showed up at 6:30 pm. Due to this failure in the installation process, I don’t understand why this delivery wasn’t a priority for Sear and their delivery service. Due to this experience with Sears, I will probably never shop here again.

Answers

2 answers

1. Hi NeverShopAtSears1,

We appreciate you taking time to post about all that has transpired concerning your new stackable washer/dryer delivery and installation, the reasons for your aggravation and disappointments are obvious. We make strides to coordinate product delivery and installation to be as efficient as possible; it appears we missed the mark on your behalf. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. I am taking this time to reach out to you to offer our assistance. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name (NeverShopAtSears1), to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com and a case manager will contact you directly. Again, thank you for posting and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,

Brian R.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

2. Hi NeverShopatSears1. Welcome to the MySears Community! I am so sorry to hear about this disappointing customer service experience. I would like to put you in contact with our Customer Care Team to help address these concerns further. The Team will reach out to you here, once they do I will email you to notify you of the Team's response.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience here and providing the opportunity for us to help!