Question

Sears placed UPS pickup restriction on Xbox One and then did not deliver the Day One version as noted on the original description.

I placed an order for an Xbox One Day One Edition on Sears.com back in June 24, 2013 (probably the earliest Sears had it available).

When it finally shipped, UPS was scheduled to deliver it the day before Thanksgiving. I was unable to be at home during delivery, so they did not deliver. Normally, I would call UPS and arrange to pickup for same day at one of their delivery center, which I did. When I called, UPS informed me that a same day pickup restriction was placed by Sears. This confused me as personal pickup is probably the most secure way to ensure the right person gets the package.

UPS informed me that I needed to contact Sears to ask them to remove the restriction so they could allow me to pickup that evening.

I called Sears and spoke with a polite lady who was happy to help. She put me on hold for an extended amount of time as she tried to contact UPS and by the time she clicked back we lost connection. This is where all the trouble starts.

I call Sears again and get connected to a different customer service rep who could not understand what I was trying to do. After frustration I asked to speak with her manager. The manager was not sympathetic to my case and told me she would send a request in that would take 24-48 hours. I told her at that rate I might as well wait for the package to come again. Frustrated, I ended the call and called back hoping to find a rep more like the first one.

The next time I called I spoke with another lady who could not understand or help me. She kept repeating my order and telling me it was still processing (though I had the UPS confirmation number). At that point, I simultaneously opened a customer service chat window while talking to her in hopes of getting somewhere.

The chat rep informed me that if I called a certain number they would able to remove the restriction for me. The number she gave me was the number I dialed to talk to the current rep. I told the rep on the phone that the chat rep said she should be able to fix my problem easily. The phone rep started to question who gave me that answer. Eventually she sent me to another manager.

This manager was no different than the first and told me the same thing. However, she did honor my request to contact UPS while I waited on the line. She came back and told me she could do nothing on her end, forcing me to wait on an email in 24-48 hours.

4 days pass and it’s now Monday. Still no email from Sears regarding my concern. However, UPS did deliver my package. The problems don’t end there, though. I specifically ordered early enough for the Xbox One Day One Edition (black box)… what did I receive? The standard green box edition

I reviewed the product description from the link of my order numerous time since June and it stated “Day One”. I had a feeling that I should have taken a screenshot of what was posted and my intuition was correct, as the original link now points to a completely different product (Xbox One Bundle with a Forza game). The original Xbox One console only page is nowhere to be found.

This is THE most frustrating interaction with customer service I have ever experienced. I cannot honestly say I could ever recommend Sears to any friends or family at this point.

Answers

3 answers

1. Hi wyld,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, by what you have described we can see this has been a disappointing experience as well as confusing and inconvenient when adding the UPS issue to the matter. We know that receiving the correct product as ordered and quality member services is very important, and it seems we did not meet these expectations on your behalf. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. Your overall experience along with having an incorrect item delivered to you is of great concern to me. Having said this, I am reaching out to you to offer our assistance. We would like to put you in contact with a case manager for further assistance and to provide feedback to the appropriate management team. Please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name (wyld), to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, thank you for posting; we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,

Brian R.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

2. Hi wyld! Thanks so much for posting on the MySears Community today! I am sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time receiving your Xbox One. I am going to send this along to the SearsCares team. They will be able to get this straightened out for you.

A team member will be by shortly looking to help. Once they respond, I will notify you know via email with a link back to this thread.

Keep us posted!

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Thanks, SHC-JulieK. Looking forward to seeing what can be done to turn this experience around.