Question

Sears Repair man informs me that my snowblowe repair can wait!

My worst customer experience ever occurred with a Sears repairman on Thursday, June 20th. I called Sears about to get my snowblower serviced under warranty due to an starting issue it had over the winter. I was told my appointment would take place June 20th between 8am – 12 and I took the morning off work in order for this appointment to take place. After waiting approximately 3 weeks for my service call appointment, the repairman called me this morning on the day of my appointment within his scheduled window of arrival to tell me he wouldn’t be showing up today because he had determined my service call wasn’t as pressing as other customers service calls . Greg at 3**-***-***6 said they are 2 – 3 weeks out on lawn and garden and “this isn’t the time to work on snow blowers”. He then went on to tell me that my warranty runs out in October of this year so he suggests that I call back, take another morning off work, in September when apparently that IS snowblower season. He also said “the last thing he needs to work on now is a snow blower since this isn’t time for snow blowers and people are waiting three weeks for lawn mower repair.” How is the customer service and why would Sears do take this kind of HORRIBLE customer service approach? I have also waited my turn, but some repair person gets to determine who does and doesn’t get service and when it is the right season for service. Because according to Greg, ” Since my equipment is needed to later in the year, you can delay your wait until then.”

I expect to be called by a manager about this extremely poor example of customer service and not just when it is “convenient” for the service technician or the manager. I expect my warranty to be honored and more over extended free of charge because of Sears lack of customer service by this repairman. I expect a service technician to come out and repair my product that is under warranty when it is scheduled and I expect it be someone other than Greg, since he is too busy and it’s “not snow blower season”. I also expect an explanation as to why this was allowed to occur to a customer who waited in line just like everyone else.

And I expect follow up from someone in your organization with 24 hours.

Answers

4 answers

1. JeffinDC, we apologize for disappointing you with your recent request for repairs. We can understand how frustrating it is to not meet your expectations with our customer service and a resolution to your specific needs. We would like to connect you with a case manager from our office to investigate your experience and assist you with your snowblower repairs and concerns. If you could take a moment and please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be concerned by this any longer. In the email please provide the best contact phone number or the number to which your items were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (JeffinDC) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Thank you,

Christine R.
    MySears Community Moderator

• San Jose, CA

The time to restore snow blowers is "out" of snow blower season.

The parts tend to be more available.

There should be less pressure to get the machines repaired "last week". And, having a back-ordered part can be tolerated by many customers, much better than during the machine's usage season.

And, a break from the endless stream of lawn mowers is a good change of pace for the repair depot folks.

This concept is similar to stocking up on spare auger shear-pins, in the off season of the snow moving machines.

1. Agreed. The time of highest demand is definitely the worst time to try to get something fixed, for all the reasons you mentioned. I can't tell you how many times when I was in home improvement that someone would come in during a blizzard looking for shear pins, and of course they're all gone because everyone is doing the exact same thing. In the summer, you could pick up several packs at your leisure and know that you won't have to go desperately running out in the middle of a storm to get these dinky little things to make the snowthrower work. The off-season is THE time to do all that stuff.

2. Hi JeffinDC,

We appreciate you posting your concerns in the MySears Community!

Sears builds itself on providing a positive experience for our customers whether it be purchasing or repair. We are sorry to hear that you had experienced such negativity in trying to get your item repaired.

We would like to help you further by having one of our SearsCares team members help in resolving this issue. They will do everything that they can in helping while also providing you with a case manager so you are only dealing with one person to help with this issue.

If you would please check back periodically one of our SearsCares members will be responding requesting further information to help you in getting this issue resolved.

Thank you!

See More