Question

Sears Service Not What It Used To Be!

I wanted to let Sears know my dissatisfaction with Sears Service in regards to our Samsung Refrigerator (bought from Sears). We have had a few service calls on the fridge with the last being a replacement of the main circuit board (just before the warranty ended). Right after the repair was done on the circuit board the ice dispenser door (that opens to allow the ice to flow out) started malfunctioning, in that it would constantly keep opening and closing without stopping. We were able to get it to stop by moving the dispenser lever around until it stopped but could never use it again because it would do the same thing and left to open and close constantly would burn out the motor of the ice door. Right before I left to do a tour overseas I call Sears service who basically told me, in no uncertain terms, that it’s not Sears’ problem and I would have to pay full service price for labor and parts! A military salary is not much so we could not afford the repair and I feel that we should not have to pay since the malfunction occurred right after the circuit board repair was done, indicating something was damaged during the board replacement. I thought that purchasing a $2000 refrigerator from Sears would extend me some added customer service but I guess I am wrong as it just left me with a expensive refrigerator that can not dispense ice!

Also, a Kenmore gas range bought from Sears and out of warranty has a convection fan that does not work (and hasn’t for quite some time now even though it was use very sparingly) and we were unable to have a service call because we felt Sears service would not be very forthcoming with us as it was with our refrigerator issues. Now we also have a $1000 range that we can not use one of it’s big features (convection).

So in summary our experience with Sears in regards to service issues has been one that has left a bad taste in our mouths as to any further purchases from Sears as we would have to worry about a company backing up it’s products. The take it or leave it attitude of Sears Service certainly is leaps and bounds different from the Sears I loved for so many years!

Answers

5 answers

1. Hello Fslove.

We thank you for posting about this situation with your refrigerator and your range. We would be happy to connect you with one of our case managers to assist you. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (fslove), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Thank you,
    Dianne D.
    Social Media Moderator
    Social Media Support Team

1. In response to SHC-DianneD

WOW! Sears continues to prove to me they don't care! Have received NO correspondence what-so-ever even though I sent the eMail with the info on the 30th of October as requested.

2. In response to SHC-DianneD

Thanks for letting us know, fslove! You case manager will be in touch soon.

Please continue to keep us posted on your fridge and range repair.

Thanks!

3. In response to SHC-DianneD

Fslove,
      We are very sorry to hear of your continued frustrations regarding the delay in response from your case manager. We have forwarded your post over to your case management team for contact. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and troubles this has caused you.
      Thank you,
      Liz R.
      MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi there, fslove! Welcome to MySears! I am so sorry to hear about the troubles you are having with your fridge and range. I would like to get you in touch with the folks at SearsCares, who will be happy to discuss these issues with you more, and do what they can to assist.

A team member will visit soon looking to help. Once they post, I will let you know via email with a link back to this thread so you can see their response and connect with a case manager right away.

Thanks!

See More