Question

Sears Steals the money from my gift card without any reason

I went to the Sears AutoCenter in Jersey City (store number 6073) for a car service on August 22nd. When I tried to pay with a sears gift card, the Sears person told me it didn’t go through. Then he checked the balance of the card to be $413.99. As I only needed to pay $298, there should be enough. He tried the second time. He was told to call a number and get an authorization code. And no doubt, it still didn’t go through. What is worse, now the balance became $115.57 and I still didn’t pay the car service. He tried the card again. Then the card balance became 0. And I still haven’t paid anything and I couldn’t get my car back. They tried to call the gift card department and they told me it seemed that the gift card was charged twice to pay some other orders. They had the order number but they said they couldn’t find the order in the AutoCenter system and they asked me to figure out myself. But how do I should know who I should contact? I will think if Sears is a truly organized company, they should easily find the transaction records for my gift card and figure out what happened. But obviously that is not true. Sears just steals all the money from my gift card. I will definitely not want to buy anything from Sears again.

Answers

2 answers

1. Dear Jianfeng,

My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the problems with your gift card. We’d like to look further into your gift card issue and have one of our dedicated case manager contact you to address and ensure proper resolution to your concern. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Jianfeng), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward hearing from you soon.

Thank you,
    Edwin C.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

2. Hi Jianfeng! Welcome to MySears! Thanks for posting your question today and giving us a chance to help. A SearsCares team member will be more than happy to investigate what is going on with your gift card balance, and make sure you have the correct balance on there.

Check back here in a bit for a response from the SearsCares team looking to get this straightened out for you.

Thanks!