Question

sears sucks! i have been waiting for them to fix my refrigerator over 3 weeks.

it took them a week to even come and check out my fridge. Turns out it needed a part. It took another week for me to receive it. Then another freaking week for them to come and install it! What the heck?! I will never ever purchase anything from sears again! I’ve been w/o a fridge for 3 weeks. This is unbelievable!

Answers

5 answers

1. I was just about fed-up with Sears “customer service” which has had all the earmarks of being an oxymoron when just I stumbled upon the Sears Community website and I saw responses from Brian with the Sears Cares team. This has given me some glimmer of hope.

Brian, can you help me with my problem in getting service for my refrigerator? It is a French door type that last month started barely cooling and the ice maker is not making ice anymore. In September I bought a sears Service Smart contract for the technician to come and fix it. He came out on October 1st and found that the ice maker was frozen up and the baffle door to the refrigerator section was not opening correctly. Then as he tested it the door started opening & closing properly as he alternately chilled and heated the temperature sensor.

He told me that sometimes when this kind of thing happens it is the motherboard (Part No. Wl0267646) but at this time since the trouble was not exhibiting itself right then that Whirlpool would not authorize replacing the motherboard.

When I last called Sears on Saturday October 5th they told me that the best that they do in getting a tech out to look at it was the afternoon of October 15th. That means over 10 days from when I called in about the trouble (and this is a call back on the same problem from when they were out originally on October 1st). Then if/when they show up and probably order the replacement part they will still have to come back to put it in which would still be 2-3 weeks or more before I have a working refrigerator again.

Can you help getting a much quicker response here? What I would like is for a technician to come by much sooner with the motherboard in his truck so that he could replace it right away if that seems to be the problem.

1. In response to DF77346

Hi there, DF77346! Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out on The MySears Community today. I am glad you found us! The SearsCares team will be happy to help look into this for you and will do what they can to help.

A team member will respond right here in a bit. Once they do, I will reach out to you via email to let you know.

Thanks!

2. In response to DF77346

DF77346,

Hi, it's Brian with the Sears Cares team. Sorry to hear about your ice maker not working properly. I can understand your frustration with having to wait longer than expected for a technician to arrive at your home.We would definitely like to speak with you, look further into the situation and see what options are available to us in order to get you a working ice maker as soon as possible. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (DF77346) and phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any trouble this has caused and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,

Brian H.
      MySears Community Moderator

2. melgar310,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Cares team. Thank you for bringing this concern regarding your refrigerator repair to our attention. We certainly don't want to delay a repair any longer than necessary and we'd like the opportunity to speak with you so we can ensure your repair is completed to your satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (melgar310) and phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any trouble we have caused and we look forward to speaking with you.

Thank you,

Brian H.
    MySears Community Moderator

3. Hi there, melgar310! Welcome to MySears! I am sorry that it is taking so long for you to get your fridge repaired. It sounds like you are on the way to having it fully functioning, but I am going to ask the SearsCares team reach out here so you can discuss your frustrations with them.

A team member will reply here in a bit. Once they do, I will contact you via email so you can directly connect with them.

Thanks!