Question

Similar to the question below: is there a re-set button on a Kenmore washer? I did two loads, went to do a third, set the dial, pulled it out and…nothing. The outlet works fine, so it’s not the circuit breaker. It just stopped working (after the water had already filled up). I took the wet laundry out, bailed the water, but it still won’t work. It’s a 2005. Fixable? Do it yourself or call out help?

Or time to buy a new one?

Answers

4 answers

1. Most Kenmore washers do not have a reset button. The only reset happens when the washer is unplugged for a minute then plugged back into the outlet. Most do have a diagnostic test that can be run to check various functions. From the description you give I suspect the door switch has broken. If the door switch breaks the washer motor will not run at all. Even if the lid switch is bad the washer should still fill with water. If the washer will not fill, agitate, spin or drain then the timer may be at fault.

2. Hi mbpfeil,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Kenmore washer. Do you know the model number for this appliance?

If you can please check back periodically we will have one of our Sears Appliance Experts help to provide trouble shooting tips, or if it might need a repair.

Thank you for posting in the MySears Community!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

MODEL NUMBER 24722

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

mbpfiel: Based on the model number and the symptom, the lid switch is likely broken or faulty. If the lid is left open or if the lid switch is broken or faulty, the washer will not operate in the agitation or the drain and spin cycles. It will however fill with water if the lid is open or if the lid switch is broken or faulty. The lid switch is part #3949238.

See More