Question

Snow blower repair – over priced for labor

First, thank you for your time in reading this.
My wife and I decided to invest in a snow blower several years ago and our decision was to use Sears considering its reputation. We have been suing the equipment since we bought it but right before last winter end, it refused to start.

We decided to use Sears’s services, despite the fact that most of our friends advised on using a local repair shop. Good enough, we scheduled an on-site estimate/visit (order # 000838040137904) and on October 25th a Sears’s technician arrived at our residence. After inspecting the equipment, he diagnosed the problem as being related to the ignition coil, which had to be replaced. The quote, parts and labor came at $344.47 ($101.93 parts and $220.00 labor). His claim was that labor will be exhaustive, as he needs to take the equipment apart to replace the coil.

The following Friday, November 1st, the same technician came to install the part, which was shipped to our residence that week. The technician arrived at 1332 EDT and by 1347 EDT the part was replaced. He left the premises at 1358 EDT. Without any exaggeration, it took him 15 minutes to perform the repair, which a week before he estimated that will be exhaustive and will take him long time (hence the $220 labor quote)

We strongly feel that Sears was misrepresented by the above mentioned acts, and we refuse to believe that your company’s ethics can be eroded by such behavior – labor quote for $220 which took only 15 minutes!

We would very much appreciate your assistance with this matter and we trust that we could get reimbursed for the overpaid labor cost! Thank you again for your time, concern, and service

Sincerely,

Answers

3 answers

1. Theo99, my name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We are very sorry to hear that you are having such a disappointing experience with your snow blower. We certainly can see why you are so frustrated with the quoted labor cost of repair. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to look into this further and ensure that your needs are met to your satisfaction. We have received your email address and will forward this information to our case management team. If you have any questions, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Theo99), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-LizR

Thx Liz

I have been talking to Brenda at ext 86 on my case, she sent an email this morning.

Thx for the follow up

2. Hi Theo90,

We appreciate you reaching out to us today on this issue with the repair labor quote in regards to your snow blower.

To help you on this issue, I have escalated your concerns to our Sears Cares team so that they can help you further. Please know that I will be reaching out via email once a response has posted to help in re-directing you back for further contact with our team.

I will also let them know that you had reached out by email 4 days ago and provide the email address that has been used in posting with us today.

Thank you!

See More