Question

Some of your customer service reps don’t have access to the weekly Sears ads.

I was viewing today’s ad ONLINE, and chat rep Joanna could not answer my question because she could not find the ad. She told me it must be a local thing for me, but I explained that you can type in a different zip (like Sears home Chicago) and still see the ad. Instead of admitting she did not know what she was doing, she argued some more and shutdown the chat. She (and probably others) need training on how to view the ads online, so they can actually HELP the customers. By the way, the front page of the ad has “Sears” and “Sears.com”, so it’s not just for my local Sears Hometown store like she insisted.

Answers

4 answers

• San Jose, CA

That would be a really fantastic look up feature for customer service, store employees and outlet stores to have access to.

I don't recall ever having seen such an application in use at a store.

But, THAT is one GREAT idea.

Maybe with the added function of being able to slide a timeline control to view past/ expired ads that a customer might be referencing and a small glimpse into future sales, like the Father's Day sale coming up this weekend.

Excellent suggestion.

1. Hi Mit_! Thanks so much for sharing your feedback on the issues you had finding out specific information about that weekly ad. I am sorry you weren't able to be helped. If you could let us know your question, I am happy to look into it for you.

I will also be sure to pass along your thoughts regarding the service you received via chat with the proper team. Thanks again!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

I viewed online the current ad for the 2-day Sale, which mentions 20% off on all Stanley hand tools. The online prices for Stanley tools do not reflect the discount. The Craftsman product prices in the ad have already been updated online, so I'm wondering why haven't the Stanley prices also been updated?

2. In response to SHC-JulieK

I'll let the team know those prices haven't been updated, Mit_1! Thanks for letting us know!

See More