Question

SOOO Frustrated! How can we get answers for a failed project?

We signed a contract to have Sears Blue Team come out and install multiple cabinets, wine fridge and rewire some electric in order to do so. That was nearly TWO weeks ago and they have still not come out for a final measurement! We were told this would be done by the end of August, when we have family coming into town. Well two weeks have now passed and no measurement, which means no cabinets have been ordered, which means the entire project has been set back two weeks. We paid for the project on July 20th, (around $5,000) and were told that somebody would contact us and be out to measure no later than July 25th. I never received a call. I called numerous different numbers provided, which none of were “direct” lines like I was told. It seems to take an act of Congress to actually get a hold of someone, especially our project manager. After making calls for two days, I was told that my paper work had not yet made it to my project managers desk. Another nearly two days passes and I get an e-mail saying that they received my paper work. I have called Sears every day for the past week and I STILL do not even have any measurements!!! I want a full refund! The only reason we even went with Sears over Home Depot is because the salesmen convinced us that Sears had second-to-none customer service and we even have our own project manager. I fell like we were duped…Sears took our money and ran and doesn’t care about anything after that. That “direct line” to my project manager rings once and goes right to an automated voice mail, giving the hours and another general phone number, which when you call takes you to the EXACT same recording! When I tried to reach ANYBODY by pressing buttons, I reached a gentleman in Pensacola, FL. Ridiculous. Bar none, the WORST customer experience, or any experience dealing with a contractor of any type, I have ever had. We should have simply stuck with Home Depot or another contractor and our cabinets would have been ordered two weeks earlier than with Sears. Now our project will not be done in time as promised, we have had to cancel our painter and countertops installer until further notice, and two more projects which are revolving around this main project also had to be put on hold. Home Depot would have had the cabinets ordered on July 22nd, as we had everything set up. I’m just sick to stomach over this whole thing and want to scream!! I have an entire garage filled with Craftsman tools and have been a loon time supporter of Sears. NOT ANY MORE! I will do whatever I have to do to ensure this type of behavior does not affect others as it did my family. Again we paid more money to go with Sears and it burned us. I am hoping maybe, just maybe, someone will see this and return my call and/or e-mail with a valid answer AND contact phone number that an actual person will answer! I’ve been told COUNTLESS times, “We will call you back..” and I never get a call. I just want what I was promised and paid for, that is it!

Answers

2 answers

1. TomV6, my name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalation team. I saw your comment today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We are sorry to see that you are having such a terrible experience your home improvement project. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your situation and address any concerns you may have. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (TomV6), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi TomV6! Thanks so much for posting today and giving us a chance to have you taken care of. I can imagine the frustration you are feeling trying to get a hold of someone about your cabinet installation. I have passed this along to the SearsCares team so they can help.

Please check back here soon. They will reach out to assist in a bit.

Thanks!

See More