Question

Spent $9k on appliance to be delivered Monday. Get call yesterday saying they are delayed which is halting our entire house remodel on our dime. No straight answers from them. Is this what I should expect? Awful customer service and rude employees. Can only your employees in India answer the phone and hang up on good customers. Just wondering if I should manage my expectationsAbout delivery.

Answers

8 answers

• San Jose, CA

Has it arrived yet?

1. VanessaShrop - Continuation of my post of 10.09. The delay is delivery appears to be becoming increasingly common with Sears the reason is open to speculation. Sears have openly admitted in their financial reports that they have reduced the value of their inventory, how much of this is due to the reduced number of stores I do not know. There is some speculation that makers (Sears do not make anything themselves) are reluctant to provide Sears with shipments because of their financial situation, (http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-03-15/lampert-s-esl-agrees-to-fund-sears-supplier-payment-guarantees) and that this is delaying deliveries to Sears. How true this is I have no way of knowing. The lack of effective and responsive customer service is also becoming well known. Prior to this site Sears ran another one (mysears.com) and there were many stories similar to yours on that site.

2. VanessaShrop - Should the credit card you have used been Visa or Mastercard they both prohibit the charging of the clients' account until the goods are shipped or the service rendered unless the client has specifically agreed to the early payment (this is frequently the case with special order items). I would suggest to you that should this be the case that you take up the matter with your credit card issuer. Should Sears not have given you the option of cancelling for a full refund when they advised you of the delay in filling your order I suggest that you inform the FTC, their contact details are on the website I referenced in my earlier post. As this site does not allow/permit paragraph breaks I will continue with another post.

3. Vanessa, We are sorry to hear about the problems you have experiencing with the delivery of your appliances. It is our goal at Sears to provide our customers with the highest quality of service, customer service that exceed your expectations. At Sears, we pride ourselves on making sure our valued customers are satisfied with our services and it appears we have not met that goal here. From your post I can see that this has been a source of great frustration for you and we would like to assist. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was ordered under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Vanessa Shrop) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.
    Thank you,
    Dianne D.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

1. In response to SHC-DianneD

Happy to do so but I'm guessing you are closed on the weekend which means I will not be getting my appliances on Monday.

4. I paid via credit card. The best part is they accidentally cancelled my first order ad it didn't notify us so didn't find out for few weeks that we no longer had appliances coming. This has been going on since August. Not fun. Yesterday I was hung up on 4 times by sears delivery. They keep telling me its a manufacturing delay but I live in a big city and I'm pretty sure these products can be found and delivered. The best part is they won't deliver anything until all of it comes in. I consider myself reasonable and this is ridiculous. I have spent my entire thanksgiving on the phone with the India branch of sears.

5. Hi VanessaShrop! I am so sorry your appliance delivery has been delayed. Please check back on this thread for a reply from the SearsCares team. They will be able to look into this for you and help.

• San Jose, CA

Was the appliance on-line ordered and set up for delivery? Or, was a local Sears store involved in the sale and the delivery service?

If the appliance is coming out of a local warehouse, then there may be things a store can do to expedite things.

If the item was remote ordered, then the appliance could be coming from the "closest" warehouse to your specified delivery ZIP code area and the local stores are pretty much out of the loop.

Hopefully, a Service Representative can get with you. However, seeing that we're moving into the week-end, Monday may be the soonest communication will be possible.

Good luck with your house remodel.

Perhaps there is a secondary project, that is not dependent on the appliance's being delivered on Monday, that your workers can start or at least mark up for eventual remodel efforts?

See More