Answers

3 answers

1. Svg2253, unfortunately, without the model number, I cannot access any information about your range. Now if the spark igniter is working but the burner will not ignite, it could be a safety valve problem but it could also be due to clogged ports in the burner. If you can remove the burner, check the burner ports to see if they are all open. If you would like to have a technician check this, you can call 1-800-469-4663 to schedule a tech to come out.

1. In response to SHC-ScottD

I spoke to a local Sear tech and he said to check the gas port at the ignitor which sparks. But this stove is quite dated and there is no port there. It appears that the gas would travel down a indentation or channel toward the spark from under the burner. I get plenty of gas and spark but the gas doesn't seem to reach the spark. I bought the house 12 years ago and it was here. I cannot find a model number on it at all. The burner is clean.

2. Hi svg2253,

Thank you for reaching out to us today in the MySears Community!

Do you have a make and model number for your stove? This may be helpful for our Sears Appliance Experts to help in providing additional trouble shooting steps towards fixing this issue.

Once a response has posted from Sears Experts, I will be reaching out to you via email.

Thanks again for taking the time to reach out and providing us the opportunity to help!

See More