Question

The computer in my 2 yr old Kenmore washer is broken. The repair will cost almost as much as the washer. Sears has not responded to my email or letter. I called and they offered me $100 off a new one which is horribly low since I spent Almost $500 on this one only 2 yrs ago! Its like a slap in the face. They should have offered me at least half back for this piece of **** they sold me. What about making the customer happy so we will continue to use Sears.This is not the Sears that I grew up with and trusted for all my appliance purchases. Buying a new washer so soon will be a hardship and Sears does not care.

Answers

3 answers

• San Jose, CA

Was a surge suppressor used with the computerized washing machine? Over time, those surges can "add up" on computer controlled 120 volt powered equipment.

I think the individual, plug in the outlet, with the machine plugging into the suppressor, costing around ten dollars.

Garage door openers, TVs, 120 volt powered/ computerized exercise machines and coffee posts, with the electronic computer display panels, ALL can benefit from power surge suppression.

1. Dear qzsue2001,

Sears prides itself on providing the highest quality products and service and we would like apologize for the fact that we’ve made you feel otherwise. We understand the importance of a working washing machine in the family home and would like to connect you with a dedicated Senior Case Manager at our executive office who can research and find a way to get you a working washer as soon as possible. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (qzsue2001) phone # used at time of purchase to SMAdvisor@searshc.com
    Thank You,

Mario G.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi qzsue2001! Welcome to the Community! I am so sorry you are having such a difficult time getting this problem resolved regarding your washer. We can get you in touch with a SearsCares team who can look into this for you and do what they can to help. Check back for a response soon from a team member reaching out to assist. Thanks!