Question

The continuing saga of frustrating Sears customer service . . .

Sears sent me a $5.00 off $25.00 tool purchase via my SYWR account. I loaded two craftsman items in my cart totaling over $30.00. When I went to apply the coupon the system said it could not find the code. I tried several more times until the system actually locked me out and said to contact Customer Service. I called and talked to a rep (probably in the Philippines) who placed the order manually. I gave him all the coupon information and even offered to send a screen print. He advised that he would have to place the order and have the credit posted after the order was complete. However, I would receive an e-mail confirmation of the credit. I decided to give it a try and I did in-fact receive notification of a credit of $5.30 on 5/13. I checked my Sears card on-line statement a couple of days later and it showed a credit of only .30 cents. I sent a note to Customer Service and received a response on 5/17 saying $5.00 had been credited to my SYWR account and .30 cents to my Sears charge. This was very different from the original note that said $5.30 had been credited back to my Sears account. I sent another note asking for clarification and received no response at all. As of today, I still have the .30 credit to my Sears charge and do not have the $5.00 credit to either my Sears card or SYWR account. At this point I’m tempted to just return my purchase and forget about it. Why offer customers these deals if they don’t work? Why put customers through such a hassle for something that should have worked right the first time?

Answers

6 answers

1. Those $5 off $25 tools coupons are frustrating, because they are never loaded in the Sears system. Sears reps fiddle around with them and eventually tell me to go contact SYW. SYW reps accuse me of trying to purchase invalid items. It's been over a month, and they keep renewing the dates on these broken coupon codes.

A few months ago, I also had to investigate an odd refund. Is your sales tax 6%? Then the $0.30 is the tax for the $5.00, and you will have to fight for the $5.00. I can't believe this problem still exists. Wow.

• San Jose, CA

How are those tools you purchased working out?

Were they purchased for a specific project or "good tools to have in general"?

I've got a lot of Craftsman hand and power tools, including a Craftsman Yard Tractor to help with the cleanup around the property.

I'm sure that refund will eventually get sorted out for you.

But, the most important thing is, you got those great tools.

2. Hi pds1506! Thanks for posting this experience for us. I am so sorry you are having trouble getting that account. Please feel free to reach out to the case manager you have spoken with in the past. She can look into this for you and help get your account credited correctly. Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Julie K,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I have no idea who I worked with for issues in the past or how to contact them. Can you assign a new Case Manager?

Thanks.

2. In response to SHC-JulieK

Sure, pds1506! I will send this on to them tonight. Check back tomorrow for a reply to connect with a new case manager.

3. In response to SHC-JulieK

pds1506,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Cares team. I'm sorry to hear about the frustration we've caused you with regards to your refund. We'd certainly like to make sure this is taken care of quickly for you. I was able to locate in our records your contact information. I'll be sending that to be assigned to a case manager who will be contacting you to assist. Again, we apologize and we look forward to speaking with you.

Thank you,

Brian H.
      MySears Community Moderator

See More