Question

The fridge repairman charged me $224 to clean a piece of food out of a tray. It took less than ten minutes. How can I get an adjustment to my bill?

Answers

3 answers

1. Hi mapiperbrown2000! I would suggest giving the folks at 1-800-4-MY-HOME a call to discuss your bill. I am sure they will take care of you!

2. Civsci is correct. Our technicians don't charge by the hour, but by the job. There's a flat labor fee for diagnostics, and then whatever else is required is charged for. There's always going to be someone who feels like they're on the losing end when it comes to labor charges. If it's by the hour, then the person with the laborious job is angry. If it's by the job, then it's the person with the quickie job that's upset. Heck, I had an electrician end up changing a fuse (I swear they all looked fine!), and that cost $85. He was here all of 15 minutes. That's $330/hour! Well, too bad for me. Sometimes that's the way the cookie crumbles. If we want things done by someone else, we have to pay them, and we don't get to decide what they charge. That's not how the free market works.

3. I don't think it is possible. Charges are not calculated by the hour or the repairman but by the service computer calculating the trip charge + service performed. You should have been given a quote for the trip charge, and later quoted for the actual service by the repairman (cleaning is not included on a standard diagnoses trip charge)

See More