Question

The oven racks fall in my Sears Kenmore Elite oven ranges. This is dangerous and I am wondering why you have not done a recall on this product or contacted owners to have this fixed. Hot spills occur when the racks fall while baking! The repairman came but cannot replace the oven wall until Dec 3rd.

Oven racks fall in Sears Kenmore Elite oven range. Very dangerous. Why hasn’t Sears notified owners of this dangerous product?

Answers

11 answers

1. This answer has been removed.

2. Have you had any resoolution to this problem from Sears? I have the same issue and they have been negligent in returning any calls since our initial conversation. Thanks for any information you can provide and I encourage you to report this issue to the CPSC so that this coninues to be documented and Sears takes responsibility for their dangerous products! ****@hotmail.com

1. In response to collinsk2

Hi there, collinsk2! Thanks for posting today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your range. I am passing along your comment and email address to our SearsCares team. Look to hear from someone shortly.

We also removed your email address from displaying publicly for your security.

Thanks!

2. In response to collinsk2

collinsk2,
      We're sorry that your issue is ongoing. We will forward your post to yourThank you,

David W.
      MySears Community Moderator
      case manager's attention.

3. verncheryl,

Thank you for taking time to inform us about your recent repair experience concerning you range. We can definitely understand your concerns with the racks not being stable. My name is Kurt with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would be happy to look into this matter and address any other concerns that you may have. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the range was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (verncheryl), you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thank you,
    Kurt M.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-KurtM

I also have had a problem with the oven racks on the Sears Elite oven. Now on Thanksgiving Day the racks crash down trying to put the turkey in the oven. Had to put it on the very bottom. I love the oven but racks are not stable. What is the fix?

2. In response to SHC-KurtM

I have contacted you by email and have had no response.
      Kelly Sheridan

3. In response to SHC-KurtM

I experienced the same issue on Thanksgiving. I was wondering if you have had any luck with Sears taking responsiblity for this dangerous issue. They sent a service person to my house, but have not responded to my calls since. Please report this issue to the CPSC so that there is enough documentation to have these products recalled and have Sears take responsibility.

4. Hi verncheryl!

Thank you for sharing your concerns and experience with us on this issue!

I have escalated your concerns to our Sears Cares team to see if they can help with any other additional options to help you further.

Once a response post I will be reaching out by email letting you know that contact information by our team has been requested. A link will be provided within our email to help in directing you back to your original thread.

Thank you!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

I have just had the same experience with my Kenmore Elite Dual Fuel Range, model # 790.75603. My oven racks collapsed two days ago while roasting my Thanksgiving turkey and burning my right hand while trying to get it out. It seems obvious from the numerous reports I have seen while google searching that this is a problem for many people. I have not yet scheduled a repair as I feel it is a manufacturer defect, I am wondering who to contact to assist me with this issue. The 1-800-469-4663 number provided on the user guide has not been able to provide me with any useful phone numbers so far. With Christmas coming I am very concerned about having an oven that is safe and in working condition.

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hi collinsk2,

We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us today. Please call our Sears Home Services at 1-800-295-4809 and they will be able to help you further with this issue.

Thank you!

3. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

I have called several times and I am still waiting on assistance.

See More