Question

The process of purchasing appliances from Sears has been disappointing. On January 15th we purchased a refrigerator and a washer/dryer from at our local Sears. We scheduled a February 8th delivery and were led to believe by our salesperson that it was a simple matter of getting the appliances from the warehouse to our area for delivery. Today, 20 days after the purchase, and 4 days before the scheduled delivery, you called to tell us that due to a “Manufacturer’s Delay” there would be no delivery until March 1st. I asked the representative if it didn’t seem odd that both manufacturers (the appliances are from two different manufacturers) would have simultaneous last-minute delays. She placed me on hold for several minutes, and then told me there was no additional information available. I have to assume that, when we were told to plan on delivery on February 8th, no one really checked on availability (just a guess on my part, of course). Frankly – it’s hard to believe that there were two simultaneous, last minute, manufacturer’s delays. It seems more likely that one of the items isn’t available and that Sears would rather have its customers wait a few more weeks without a refrigerator than make two separate deliveries.

Answers

5 answers

1. Hello CAB57!
    My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We thank you for posting about this matter. We truly apologize for the troubles you have encountered with the delay of receiving your appliances. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to contact you and discuss available options. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (CAB57), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
    Thank you,
    Liz R.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-LizR

Thanks. I've sent the information to the email above.

2. Hi there, CAB57! Welcome to MySears! Thanks for your question today. I am sorry to hear of this delay in your appliance delivery. The SearsCares team will be happy to look into this for you.

A team member will reach out here in just a bit. Once a response is posted, I will send you an email which will include a link directing you back to this thread.

Keep us updated! Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Glad to report that all of our appliances: washer, dryer, and refrigerator, were delivered on time on February 8th. So I guess all's well that end's well, but I couldn't recommend the experience.

Again, we'd ordered the appliances on January 15th for February 8th delivery. On February 4th Sears called and told us there's been a manufacturer's delay, and nothing will be delivered until March. I asked the representative if we could get a partial delivery or if anything could be done to expedite delivery and was told "no" all around. "There's really nothing we can do" etc etc. Living without a refrigerator for a month was an unappealing idea, so I called and emailed everyone at Sears I could. Eventually - we got the delivery - but it leaves me wondering - if the appliances were there - why put the customer through all the hassle?

Next time we'll have to see if there's still such a thing as a local appliance store around here anymore.

2. In response to SHC-JulieK

Thanks so much for letting us know the outcome, CAB57! I am really glad to hear you received your appliance delivery.

We appreciate your feedback on the experience, as well!

See More