Question

The racks in my Kenmore Elite oven continue to fall out. I have been burned from them falling with the slightest weight on them. I read here there are many others with the same problem what is the fix for this issue in your product?

Answers

11 answers

1. I have the same problem with our stove. It has been happening almost since we had it and i have dealt with it but yesterday the racks just collapsed down causing Corned beef to spill everywhere. i am afraid to cook a turkey in it or anything heavier than a cookie sheet. I have read through forums and it seems that everyone has this problem and it is an expensive fix. Please have someone contact me asap to address this issue

1. In response to bradbennett5061

Hi bradbennett5061,

Welcome to the MySears Community!

Your concerns are important to us and have been escalated to our Sears Cares team for attention.

Once a response has posted I will be reaching out via email providing a link back to this thread for contact with our Sears Cares team.

Thank you for reaching out!

2. In response to bradbennett5061

Hi bradbennett5061,

Thank you for bringing the matters concerning your oven racks that have been collapsing to our attention. We realize this is a serious matter that requires some attention. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. After reading your post I am concerned about this situation and I am reaching out to you and offering our assistance. We would be happy to look further into this matter to see what repair options are available. Please send your contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name (bradbennett5061) to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com and a case manager will contact you directly. Again, thank you for posting to bring your oven repair needs to our attention. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thanks,
      Brian R.
      MySears Community Moderator

2. Dear ngrowe,

We are sorry to hear that you are having troubles with your stove. We appreciate you in taking the time to bring this situation to our attention with the racks falling out of placement. My name is Mina with the Social Media Support team. We can see the importance in getting a resolution to your concerns. Please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name I have assigned to reference your post (ngrowe), to smadvisor@searshc.com and a case manager will contact you directly. Again, thanks for posting about your installation experience and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,

Mina H
    MySears Community Moderator

3. ngrowe, Thank you for your question though I am sorry about the problem you are having. I may be able to help you resolve this problem but I need a model number to be able to search for known problems and fixes. For the best and most accurate answer please reply with a model number.

1. In response to SHC-FredM

The model number I see is 790.98023800. It is a double oven so it is the lower main oven with the problem The racks are very dangerous like this. Thanks for your reply

2. In response to SHC-FredM

Hi ngrowe, If the racks can't support the weight of the stuff you would place in the over the warped liner must be replaced. I would recommend you have this completed by a qualified technician because it is very hard to complete the task. I suggest you follow this link to set up a service call. http://www.searshomeservices.com/repair?psid=65163432&sid=HSRx20090527x00043.

3. In response to SHC-FredM

We paid well over a thousand dollars for this "TOP OF THE LINE" stove and it is only a few years old with a WARPED LINER!!!! We also bought a kenmore dishwasher that was not cheap and have had nothing but trouble with it having to replace the computer board more than once. We will never buy a product from sears again nothing but junk there.

4. In response to SHC-FredM

Hi there, ngrowe! I have forwarded your concerns on to the SearsCares team. A team member will be by in a bit looking to help. As soon as a response is posted, I will be sure to send you an email letting you know.

Thanks!

5. In response to SHC-FredM

I agree. Sears doesn't care about anyone's concerns. They pass the buck and blame everyone ans everything but themselves

4. Hi there, ngrowe! Thanks for posting on MySears! I have forwarded your inquiry regarding your range on to the Appliance Expert. He will be able to let you know the next step for that repair.

He will be by in a bit to respond. Once he does, I will contact you via an email with a link back to this thread.

Thanks!

See More