Question

The racks in my less than one year old kenmore elite oven are falling very easily. Is it under warranty? how can I fix it. My wife and I are very annoyed because this is very dangerous and we have a 6 year old.

it is a kenmore elite slide in purchased in Burlington MA.

Answers

5 answers

1. I was wondering if you had any help from Sears getting this problem fixed? I have the same issue and have been getting the run around from Sears. Did you report this to the CSCP? I am hopefull that if enough people report the issue Sears will be more accountable or there will be a recall.

2. My double wall oven has falling racks in both ovens...6 months out of warranty. After a major run-around and lack of concern, I am told I have no recourse but to pay $900 to replace side walls. Definitely manufacturers defect which Sears will not acknowledge. Dangerous and unusable.

1. In response to Buchanansix

Dear Buchanansix,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We are truly sorry for the trouble you have encountered with your double oven. We understand how disappointing this has to be for you, especially since this warranty for this item just expired. We would love the chance to look into this for you, and come up with some options that may help. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Buchanansix), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Thank you,
      Brian S.
      Social Media Moderator
      Sears Social Media Support

3. Apparently, from posts that were on the old board and have now been removed this is a common problem with some of these ovens. The inner lining will expand and the racks are then too small.

Sears may replace the inner lining under warranty, but the problem will happen again. T

4. The manufacturer's warranty on appliances is one year. If you call 800 4 MY HOME, a technician can inspect the range and, if it's a defect, order new racks at no expense to you (if the racks are the issue). If the racks are not the issue, it may require replacing the interior or replacement of the entire range, depending on which they decide is most prudent.