Question

The WORST customer service ever. Web site issue, price issue, poor customer care = cancelled order

I was ready to order a variable bench grinder and a 10″ table saw on-line. I added the items to the card and selected in-store pickup. The price breakdown for the table saw included my Craftsman Club member price and 2 additional discounts for “hot…online only” discounts of $30 total. When I went to check out (using my Sears card), the price changed. I went back to double-check the price in the Shopping Cart and it was, indeed $199.99. Went through the check-out process again and, again, the price went up to $229.00. I called Customer “Care” and spoke with Georgia and Marco, a supervisor, and the 45 minutes I spent on the phone (mostly on hold) was the biggest waste of my time. Neither one had an explanation. I had screen shots to show them what I was seeing. I read off the explanations of the price breakdown only to end up with no assistance whatsoever. So, I cancelled the entire order. George said she’ll submit a “web error” report to their technical dept and Marco said they don’t honor any of the web site price glitches – nice. I assume that means there are a lot of glitches. Sears continually disappoints and gets worse and worse every year. I’ve been a customer for a long time, but this really makes me question why I even bother shopping there. It’s not worth it.

Answers

4 answers

1. RoniLee, we thank you for the feedback and we assure you that all issues are looked into with the attention they deserve. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. Prices will be different when “Store Pickup” is selected because it’s pulling from Store stock instead of vendor stock. Selecting Home Delivery will allow the price to remain the same throughout the checkout process. We do apologize that this information wasn’t given when you contacted our Service team and we’re certainly happy to discuss this in further detail with you. We will have a case manager contact you directly via email. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
    Thank you,
    Liz R.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. i have same problems like you,they usually cancel my order , and send me a email said the price error. when i used sears online chat for help. their constomer representive are very rude.i remenber the constomer representive name is Webber.

3. Hi, RoniLeeM. Welcome to the MySears Community!

Thanks for reaching out to share your concerns here. I am very sorry to hear about this disappointing experience.

I will be escalating your concerns to our Sears Cares team who will do what they can to help in making this right for you. Once a response has posted from the Sears Cares, I will be reaching out via email to let you know that additional information may be requested.

Thanks again for taking the time to reach out and providing us the opportunity to help!

1. In response to laurelS

Just so you know, the problem has not yet been fixed. I checked the site today and attempted to check out and the shopping cart price conflicts with the check-out price. Does Sears hope that customers won't notice the change (increase) in price once they go to check out? Clearly, the technical team is not overly concerned about the issue and who knows if Georgia even submitted a "web error" report to them. So frustrating and still no resolution.