Question

This is the second time Sears Store: Montgomery Mall #0001424, 7103 Democracy BLVD, Bethesda, MD 20817 (301) 469-4000 has done this: Twice I laid away a product – When I went in to pay the last payment and pick up my layaway payment, the clerk has returned to the register and told me another employee sold my layaway. I had not been late in my payments either time. This time, the store representative said another employee had been greedy,(meaning greedy for sales). That is not acceptable to me, nor do I think that action is acceptable employee actions by Sears. I was refunded my money – but that too is not acceptable. I want the product I paid for, and was guaranteed by the layaway contract. Does Sears protect Sears customers from Sears employee actions such as this?

Answers

3 answers

1. jgwinn,
    My name is Liz and I am a part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. Please accept our apologies for the lack of customer service that you have received. We strive to provide top notch service to each and every one of our customers, and we are sorry to see that we have fallen short of that mark in this instance. I know this would frustrate me as well to attempt to make the last payment and be told the item has been sold. I would like to have one of our dedicated case managers speak with you on your experience. At your convenience please contact our office via email at Kmsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your (MySears) screen name (jgwinn) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.
    Thank you,
    Liz R.
    MySears Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

2. I am so sorry to hear about this, jgwinn. I am sure you were looking forward to having that product in your hands after paying it off. Please check back on this thread shortly for a reply from a SearsCares team member. They will be happy to discuss this with your further. Thanks!

• San Jose, CA

This is a slip in the warehouse handling of merchandise. The store is Supposed to take merchandise already ear-marked for customer pickup and put it away in a bin location that the sales people aren't even allowed to look through for available sales inventory.

It sounds like the store warehouse inventory separation process is not being done properly.

Possibly because of a lack of employees handling the merchandise.

This would be something that store's Store Manager should follow up on.

See More