Question

Tires……..

I purchased 4 new tires in Dec – and from day one they have not felt right. I also had a 4w alignment at the same time, its on a 2010 Subaru with 40,000 miles. The car WAS running PERFECT until I had the alignment and he tires installed. I’ve taken the car back to our local Sears 4-5 times – they’ve rechecked the alignment, rotated the tires and the can’t find anything wrong. The car SHAKES like there’s no tomorrow, the steering wheel, the seat, the entire car feels like its going to break apart. I don’t think they believe me when I bring it into the shop. I’ve had half a dozen people in the passenger side as me whats wrong with my car. And the last time I brought the car in they rotated the tires, the shaking is coming from the right front and when they rotated it last I swear the shaking is now on the left which isn’t the standard tire rotation format. UNsure what to do, very unhappy with the results so far.

Answers

4 answers

1. Here's the head office address. Write a letter. It can be much more effective.
    Sears Corporate Office
    3333 Beverly Road
    Hoffman Estates, Illinois 60179
    Attn: Advocate & Corporate
    Complaint Department RE: Customer Service

1. In response to RoniLeeM

I bought four new tires and paid over $ 700.00. One year later, I have discovered all four tires were put on backwards. I went to the store to complain. When they saw it, they first checked which of their service people had installed the tires. Then they told me that person had been fired. They did change the tire to have the legend "this side in" on the inside. But no one ever apologized for my inconvenience (took three hours), nor did anyone acknowledge that improper installation has negative effect on tire wear, driver comfort, or driver safety.

I am going to pursue Sears in an effort to get all four tires replaced at no cost.

Can you believe that a company you trust has "technicians" who install new tires backwards?

2. In response to RoniLeeM

Rlsmithjunior,
      My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw your post and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We are sorry to hear of the troubling experience you have encountered with your tires. We truly can see how frustration this situation has been for you. We’d love the opportunity to look into the concerns that you have brought to our attention, and see what we can do to assist moving forward. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (rlsmithjunior), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
      Thank you,
      Liz R.
      MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi, rosebudd1. Thanks for reaching out here! Does this happen only when you are braking or when you are driving at all times? I have a 2001 Subaru Outback myself and encountered a very similar issue based on your feedback. The issue for my Outback was the brake rotors were worn so badly they had to be replaced once I could not longer stand the shaking. Let us know when this issue is occurring and we can help you troubleshoot further!

See More