Question

To Sears Customer Care. Today, 9/7/13, will be the 5th time in less than 3 weeks that a Sears AC tech will attempt to repair my Sears installed Carrier Infinity Heat Pump / Air Handler system that was purchased in 2007. Each time when service was requested, it was due to the AC compressor shutting down & at each previous call, the techs cannot determine the cause. Although I have a MPA on the entire system the issue is the Sears tech ability to properly diagnose the problem & replace the part or parts that are causing the system to shut down. I have numerous photos of the high tech thermostats “fault messages” which the Sears techs have read & still cannot isolate the mechanical failure with the AC compressor / Heat Pump. The latest fault messages since midnight 9/7/13 till 10am the same day are “Compressor Voltage at Standby 255 events” which basically means that the AC compressor/Heat Pump has been trying to start up 255 times & has failed to do so. I can tell you about being a Sears customer for over 45 years but lately that does not seem to matter to Sears. My Sears installed Carrier system has had numerous repairs & even a letter to the Sears Chairman of the Board has done little to improve my customer satisfaction with this major home improvement that I purchased from Sears. I’d like some indication from Sears that they will make a significant commitment to repairing my Carrier system. I suggest having a Carrier tech visit my home at Sears expense to better analyze the problems & make the proper repairs. I’ll be anxiously waiting for Sears to email me with some resolution.

Answers

5 answers

1. HELPMSFL, my name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw your comment and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We are very sorry to hear that you are having such a frustrating experience with your heat pump/air handler system. We certainly can see why you are so disappointed and upset over what has occurred with the multiple repairs. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your situation and ensure that the issue is resolved in a timely manner. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (HELPMSFL), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon. Thanks, Liz R. MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-LizR

Information requested just email'd to address provided.

2. In response to SHC-LizR

Great!

Please keep us updated on your progress and post if you have any questions or concerns along the way!

Thank you!

3. In response to SHC-LizR

Sat. 9/7/13 9:30pm. Latest status. Sears tech arrived at 7pm for a 3pm-6pm service call. Just left after re-wiring the thermostat communication wire which did not repair the problem. Now a part (Outdoor Temp Sensor) must be ordered to see if this corrects the problem. The "sensor error" wording on the Thermostat is what led the tech to this conclusion but this same error message has appeared from the very 1st time on 8/18/13 & subsequent times when the AC compressor stops working. The part "may" be available on Monday, 9/9/13 but the tech would only schedule the next call for Wed., 9/11/13. The result is another 5 days without AC. This is unsatisfactory.

2. Hi HELPMSFL!

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your repair concerns with us in the MySears Community!

We appreciate you reaching out and giving us a chance in making this right for you. Your concerns have been escalated to our Sears Cares team to help in getting this issue resolved for you.

Once one of our team members responds, they will be requesting additional information from you to assist you further. Please know that once a response is provided I will reach out via email.

Thank you!

See More