Question

Today is 9/7/13. Our stove has error code F11 and will not correct. Stove is inoperable & earliest available repair appointment from Sears is 9/24/13, 22 days from now.. We have an expensive protection agreement and the stove is just 9 months old. This is insane. There must be a way to fix this sooner than 3 weeks. We cannot wat out 3 times a day for 22 days. Help!

What can we do?

Answers

9 answers

• San Jose, CA

What is the long model number of the stove?

The number is listed on the cover of the Owner's manual or on a data plate attached to the right side of the stove front, by the pots and pans bottom drawer space.

1. Did you try flipping the circuit breaker off for 10min?

• San Jose, CA

I can think of several alternative cooking units that may make the wait a little more tolerable.

There is the close-second in the running "microwave oven", that can cook food AND prepackaged microwavable meals.

We've been using a Slow-cooker to produce some VERY tasty and "healthy" meals.

A lot can be done with a Rice Cooker, too.

And, if you have a gas BBQ, you're Golden!

Having a working stove is very important.

But, the alternative cooking tools can make very good partial backup solutions for having warm to hot meals.

Good luck with your service call(s).

1. Alternatives are great. The best alternative is having prompt and efficient service that respects the customer, not expecting them to wait three weeks for an initial service call (and most likely having additional delays for parts to be ordered and another service call scheduled to do the actual repair)

If the customer wanted to use alternative cooking methods, they would not have paid hard earned money for the stove.

• San Jose, CA

And, flat tires are so VERY tiresome to change.

Things don't always work out the way we all would like.

Has the tire doctor roving repair and replacement van been by to fix or replace the offending tire?

No?

Better get the BBB involved to get a resolution.

2. Beet2,

We’re sorry that our service is not meeting your expectations for your range repair. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would be happy to have a case manager discuss this situation with you and address the concerns you may have. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the range was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Beet2) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thank you,
    David W.
    MySears Community Moderator

3. Hi Beet2,

Thank you for joining the MySears Community!

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the repair of your stove. I understand completely on how the wait time can be quite an inconvenience for this is a major necessity in meeting the needs of our family members.

Your concerns have been been escalated to our Sears Cares to see if they can help in anyway. Once a response is provided I will be reaching out via email.

Again, we thank you for bringing this issue to our attention!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Stove failed on 9/6/13, error code 11. Part replaced 9/16/13 & now error code is 14. Oven still does not work. New part will not be available until 10/1/13. This is an expensive stove, with an expensive extended warranty. Bad product & bad service. Say no to Sears.

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Thanks for posting your feedback, Beet2! Please keep us posted on your repair.

See More