Question

Tool shipped without proper packaging!

I recently ordered a 44593 USA Made Microtork wrench from the Searsoutlet.com website. During the checkout process I selected shipping for my delivery method. The order was placed on 12/29/13 and my credit card charged on 12/30/13. I received no emails or other updates about my order for over a week so on Wednesday 1/8/14 I emailed customer service to inquire about the status of my order. Then, yesterday (1/10/14) UPS delivered the wrench, with a 2 day air label on it. Much to my dismay, I found the torque wrench wasn’t even packaged in a box! The Sears store that sold this wrench simply wrapped a shipping label around it with some packing tape and called it good. According to the Sears’ own instruction manual that comes with this wrench, “The Craftsman MicroTork Torque Wrench is a PRECISION INSTRUMENT and should BE HANDLED AND STORED WITH CARE” (emphasis mine). There is absolutely no excuse for this level of ineptitude and laziness when it comes to the employee that packaged this wrench. Sears needs to address this problem, or I have bought my LAST Craftsman tool from Sears. Pictures linked below.

To someone at Sears who has the power to do something about this: Please contact me to resolve the unsatisfactory manner in which this item was shipped.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8xkH1m1ikSDT3N2UXRQMy05eGs/edit?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8xkH1m1ikSDZEZhRzcxZVlnWVU/edit?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8xkH1m1ikSDd0ZpS25GeU1Semc/edit?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8xkH1m1ikSDeFFuVHV5X3N6Q28/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8xkH1m1ikSDeGNLcl9ENmtPTXM/edit?usp=sharing

Answers

11 answers

1. Sears created a shipping label on 12/31/13 but did not actually ship the item until 1/7/14

I would not trust this tool after the obvious abuse that it has taken, Sears needs to

A. Refund the cost of the 2 day shipping, seeing as they did not ship the item for over a week after they created the label.

B. Ship a new tool to the customer, overnight, packaged correctly

C. Send the customer a prepaid return shipping label, so that the abused tool can be returned.

D. Provide the customer with a reason to go back to Sears, perhaps a LARGE gift card.

What Sears will actually do is try to blame the shipping company, and when the tracking proves that to be wrong, say that the tool itself was not hurt. They will also be very sorry.

2. Hello mropers,

I do apologize for the mishap with your online order. I can certainly understand why you would be posting your concerns on our page. We'd like to offer our assistance in making sure this situation is resolved quickly and to your complete satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (mropers) phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Thank you,
    Dianne D.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-DianneD

I have contacted smadvisor@searshc.com. I have returned phone calls twice. Whenever (during normal business hours) I call I get routed to voicemail. Nothing has yet been done with this issue. Sears, cut the bull !@#$ feel good emails and online responses and DO SOMETHING CONCRETE about this!! I am absolutely DONE shopping at Sears and will tell everyone I know about how poorly I've been treated. The only part of this process that actually works and works reliably is the charging of the customer's credit card.

2. In response to SHC-DianneD

Hi mropers! I have forwarded your new thread on to the team. Look to hear from someone soon.

Thanks!

3. In response to SHC-DianneD

Dear Sears,

I have made several additional calls to the number provided in an email from Simone:

Symone
      Social Media Case Manager
      Sears Holdings Corporation
      Phone: 1-888-266-4043, Ext. 91
      Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8am-7pm CST, Saturday 8am-5pm CST

Everytime I call during the hours listed I get voicemail. Furthermore, the message at extension 91 says the mail box is for Alissa and Robert, not Simone. What is going on? Can I please speak to someone about this issue, and what is being done to fix it?

4. In response to SHC-DianneD

Dear mropers,

We've forward this information as well to your case manager for attention.

Thanks,
      Edwin C.

3. Hi mropers,

Welcome to the MySears Community!

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us in regards to the delivery of your item. I am very sorry to hear that the packaging did not meet your expectations and would like to see if our Sears Cares team can help you further with this issue.

Once a response has posted we will be reaching out via email to help in directing you back for further contact with our team.

Thank you!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Dear Sears,

It has now been 2 weeks since I originally raised this issue and I have yet to actually speak to someone about what is being done to fix it. Is this how you treat your customers?

I was hopeful that Sears would resolve my concerns. My next step is to dispute the charges with my credit card company and file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

I have been more than patient and given you every opportunity to make this right.

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hi mropers,

We appreciate you keeping us posted!

Your updates have been forwarded to the Sears Cares team and a member from our team has left a response for you on your other thread.

Thank you!

3. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Dear mropers,

We appreciate you taking the time to post about this situation and we're sorry that you haven't heard from your case manager. We've forward your post to your case manager for attention and to follow up with you.

Thanks,
      Edwin C.

4. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Dear Sears:

After speaking with the case manager, I received a pre-paid label to return the wrench. I received an automated email from Sears on Feb. 6 indicating the item had been received by Sears. It has been over two weeks since that date, and I have yet to receive a replacement or credit to my credit card. I have called the case manager several times and left messages - I've never had a person answer that number when I've called during normal business hours. I've emailed customer service with no results. Why is this so difficult?

This order was originally placed on Dec. 29, 2013. That was over 7 weeks ago and it has been plagued by one customer service failure after another. YOUR SYSTEM IS BROKEN - and nobody seems to want to take ownership of it and fix it. I am beyond frustrated with the time and energy I have wasted and I am done dealing with this. I'm calling my bank today to file a dispute for this charge.

See More