Question

Trio Elite Refrigerator freezes fruits and veggies in bins…have had service out many times but problem persists. Is this a flaw in the frig or did I get a lemon?

Purchased in 2008 and have had Master Plan service…each time the service man suggests something or tweeks something but fruitsd and vegetables still freeze. I now only store beer or soft drinks in the bins and must put fruits and veggies up on top…I have wasted a lot of cash throwing away foods that have frozen inside refrigerator.

Answers

7 answers

1. Hello DianeZB. I am sorry to hear about these problems that you are having with that Kenmore Elite Trio refrigerator. That Sears Master Protection agreement does have a No Lemon Policy. If you have had 4 or more service calls in a 12 month period that required the replacement of a functional part, then the refrigerator may be eligible for replacement. If your situation fits those guidelines, you can call this number regarding a replacement under that Sears Master Protection Agreement No Lemon Policy: 1-800-927-7836. The Master Protection Agreement also covers some food loss. You can call that same number regarding food loss reimbursement. The Sears Technician should normally be able to fix that problem in most situations. If you post a model number for your refrigerator, we can check for any possible solutions that have not been attempted. There may be some simple troubleshooting steps that we can provide. Since you have a Master Protection Agreement, a Sears Service Technician will need to conduct any major repairs or procedures. Hopefully this information will help you resolve those problems. You can also call the Sears National Customer Relations line at 1-800-549-4505 regarding your lack of satisfaction with this refrigerator and the repair attempts.

1. In response to SHC-LyleW

I have the same problem. The issue is that 4 service calls in one year is very hard to do if you work and cannot get home to let in the techs. I cannot put anything even soda in the drawers as it freezes so cold that the soda cans open up and spew the contents. I am frustrated and would love an answer. Ours was purchased in 2007, so the warranty we purchased has expired. I this a model 77563, I believe. Stainless Kenmore Elite Trio. If you can do something about this that would be great. Otherwise I will call a repair shop in town that will deal with it.

2. In response to SHC-LyleW

Hi SCMINIC! Thanks for posting on the MySears Community today. I would suggest you call the number Lyle provided above to discuss the issues you have had with your fridge and will do what they can to help.

Keep us posted on the progress! Thanks!

3. In response to SHC-LyleW

I called. The person at the help line could not pull up ANY repair history. I found two service call tickets from the first year we had it for the problem mentioned. Even with the Service order number she could not pull up the visits from their techs. I am beyond frustrated.

4. In response to SHC-LyleW

Ahhhh...that does sound frustrating! Let's get you in touch with a SearsCares team member. They will be able to get this taken care of for you. Check back right here shortly for a reply requesting more information so they can help. Thanks!

5. In response to SHC-LyleW

SCMINIC,
      I saw your comment today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We can truly understand how frustrating it is to have your refrigerator freeze your fruits and vegetables. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your issue and ensure that your needs are met to your satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (SCMINIC), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi DianeZB! Thanks for posting your question today. I bet one of our Appliance Experts can let you know what he thinks could be wrong with your fridge. Can you post the model number, as well? This will be helpful to narrow down the issue properly. Check back soon for a reply!

See More