Question

Trying to get refund for Sears refrigerator repair for $114.99 on April 25, 2013 that had to be repaired again on July 15, 2013. The repair on 4/25 was the second repair for the same issue in two years. The repair (not from Sears) on 7/15/2013 was again for the same issue and fell within the service warranty. The 7/15 repair was done by new property manager as I live out of state. The property manager did not know it had recently been repaired by Sears and was under repair warranty, so called her own repair person to fix it and I had to pay $115 for this repair. I called Sears on 7/29/13 to request refund, and called again on 8/15 as I had not received one. I called again today 9/11/13 and was told they were not going to give me a refund. Then they offered me a $65 refund. I am requesting that the balance of $49.99 also be sent to me. If it isn’t I will NEVER again buy anything from Sears and that is a guarantee that will be honored.

Answers

2 answers

1. acr1,

My name is David and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We are truly sorry for the troubles you have encountered with your recent repair of your refrigerator. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss this situation and address your concerns. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (acr1), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Thank you,
    David W.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi acr1,

Thank you for reaching out in the MySears Community and sharing your concerns in regards to your refund.

I have escalated to our Sears Cares team to see if they can help in getting this resolved for you. Once a response is provided by one of our team members I will be reaching out via email.

Thank you!