Question

Unable to get my Kenmore Refrigerator repaired or replaced

My ice maker stopped dispensing ice early July 2013, took 2 weeks to get a service date. Repairman responded July 17, saw that it was not working and said he had to order parts, he did this without any diagnostic testing. 1 part a trim piece he ordered because he said that he may break it when he took it off. I get a new date July 29, parts are backordered and not delivered because of the trim piece is not available. After many frustrating times I on the phone I told Penney to cancel the trim piece and release the rest of the parts. July 29 comes and goes, no parts no repair. Earliest date is August 20, same repairman returns and puts in news parts, still did not work. After getting yet an other part (main power board)It finally works then a new problem starts 1 hour after the tech leaves. I am very frustrated at this time. July 30 new tech responds, can’t figure it out, he calls other techs and he puts in an old part taken out on the prior call, it works for 3 hours. Now I can’t get a tech to the house till Sept 17, nearly 3 weeks from now. I have spoken to Penny, April and others, William hung up on me because I was getting frustrated and told him I was recording the conversation, which I did not do. My case # 160346, Please help.

Answers

12 answers

1. Jerrferr, we are very sorry to see that you are having such a difficult time with your refrigerator repair. We have forwarded your post over to your case manager for contact. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking to you. Thank you, Liz R. My Sears Community Moderator

• San Jose, CA

The new refrigerators seem to be much more complicated than the old refrigerators, causing diagnostic and repair parts complications.

The repair people always seem to be 2 to 3 weeks out for any opening in their home visiting schedules.

So. I'm surmising the new machine repair is taking more time than it used to, too.

Have you purchased a back-up mini fridge yet?

While they are not frost-free and the coils ARE visible on their back, they seem to be a little more robust than the full size, frost-free, coil-less (hidden out of sight on the bottom of the machine).

I'm also not aware of any of the mini fridges being able to dispense water, and whole or crushed ice.

Has anyone heard of a WiFi connect fridge? It's only a matter of time...

1. So the fact that the appliances have more electronics is an excuse for the repair failures?

The customer should buy another appliance to use while the one they paid good money for is not working?

It must be nice to have enough money (and space) to waste on backup appliances

• San Jose, CA

Back ups are a waste of money?

Well. By all means.

Put all your eggs in ONE BASKET.

Back ups can actually perform work on their own, without the main machine failing.

And, repair didn't "fail".

The complimicated/ high techmological machine did.

Now, the finely tuned machine has to be diagnosed, parts ordered, parts installed, re-diagnosed and hopefully will eventually start working again.

With luck, the coils on the BOTTOM of the machine will be periodically cleaned, to allow the unit to continue operating without further decline in the units functionality.

The back up unit suggested, a mini-fridge, is FAR less complicated and requires less precise mechanisms to perform its function of COOLING food and drink.

The back up for a chainsaw would be a pruning saw or an axe - much more "simple" tools.

2. There were several repair visits to the home. The appliance is still not working. By any measure, the repair attempts were not successful, and that means that they failed.

Trying to blame everyone but the ones at fault, and spinning things to try to make Sears look wonderful limits the credibility of a person. The truth is that Sears has not provided the service that they should have, and have had the customer without the full use of the appliance they paid for for almost two months.

Some may think that is acceptable, I would call it a total failure of repair and customer service

2. Jerrferr, my name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We are very sorry to hear that you are having such a disappointing experience with your refrigerator. We certainly can see why you are so frustrated with waiting to have the appliance repaired. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss this matter and ensure that your needs are met to your satisfaction. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Jerrferr), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Community Moderator

3. Hi Jerrferr,

Thank you for giving us a chance to help in making this right for you! By reading your post I can see how this issue could be quite frustrating for you and your family. Plus with this appliance being a refrigerator can make it twice as hard for rely on such a product to meet the needs of our families.

Our Sears Cares team will be happy to help in trying to make this right for you. They will do what they can to get this issue taken care of.

I ask if you can please check back periodically for a response will be provided by one of our team members in helping you. Additional information will be requested and once received a dedicate case manager will working with you directly, this will also help in not having to talk to so many people.

We are looking forward to helping you further!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

repair was out to the house yesterday and unable to repair, they want to replace the parts they just replaced, they have no idea what they are doing, PLEASE HELP

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hi Jerrferr! I am so sorry you are still having such trouble with that repair. Your case manager will be in touch soon to discuss your concerns. Hang in there!

3. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Case # 1694155, Sandra was assigned to my case and she took care of my situation in a professional and compassionate manor, without her I would have been a very dissatisfied customer.
      On the other hand A&E Factory Service was inept

4. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Thanks so much for providing this update, Jerrferr! I am so glad to hear Sandra's assistance was able to get your fridge up and running again. Really great news!

5. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Jerrferr, we do appreciate your positive feedback. We will forward this update to your case manager and our leadership team. Thank you, Liz R. My Sears Community Moderator

See More