Question

v Unhappy with our current service! We have a broken dryer that we requested a technician to come repair. Three days later the technician came, messed around with the dryer, said he found the problem, “fixed it” charged us and left without even verifying that the dryer worked. After he left we quickly moved the dryer back to plug it in and sure enough it was still not working. I had to run down and flag the technician as he was driving off to tell him that the dryer was not fixed. The technician came back to fix it, going back and forth between the house and the truck and taking several smoking breaks in between. After about an hour he said he had supposedly found the issue and needed to order the part. This was on a Friday 1/10/14. He said that he would put in an emergency request to have the part shipped as soon as possible and be back on Wednesday 1/15/14 to install the part. Yesterday, 1/13/14 we got an email from Sears saying our appointment is scheduled for 1/24/14, 2 weeks after out first appt!! The promise the technician made to submit “an emergency request’” was a complete lie. When we called Sears they said the part wasn’t ordered until 1/13/14, three days after the technician was at our house! I’m not sure by which standards this would be considered an emergency request, but if a technician promises to be at your house a specific day, then he should be there. Upon calling sears we were transferred to several different people who were very unhelpful in answering our questions and explaining why we had to wait so long to get someone back out to fix our dryer. One rep said that the emergency request was submitted, another rep said that there is no such thing as an emergency request and that there was nothing that she could do. This is just unacceptable. Commitments made by a technician or whoever should be respected. We shouldn’t have to wait 2 weeks to get someone to fix our dryer. We paid for over $200 dollars for service or lack there of that totally sucks! I will be asking for a refund of all our money and I will never do service with Sears again.

Answers

3 answers

1. It is standard operating procedure for sears is to wait forever to get service to their customers. I called another repairman, got it fixed before Sears ever got me on their schedule. Screw the warranty, I wanted a working dryer.

2. Hi FixMYDRYER.

Thank you for bringing your dryer repair matter which has created a frustrating circumstance for you to our attention. We apologize for the confusing information provided to you about the part order and the expected repair appointment; we realize interactions like this can be disheartening. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. I would like to take this time to offer you our assistance. We do appreciate your business and to this end we would be like to speak with you directly to resolve this matter. Please send your address, phone number used at the time of purchase with your screen name (FixMYDRYER) and a good contact phone number to smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. Again, thank you for bringing your dryer repair concerns to our attention; we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thanks,
    Brian R.
    MySears Community Moderator

3. Hi there, FixMYDRYER! Welcome to MySears! I am so sorry to hear of the troubles you have had getting your dryer repaired. That sounds extremely frustrating! I have passed your concerns on to SearsCares, the customer service escalation team.

A team member will be by in a bit looking to help. Once a response is posted, I will send you an email with a link directing you back to this page.

Thanks!