Question

Very Disappointed in Sears!

I purchased a Kenmore-Elite dishwasher from Sears in 2012 for over $800. Since that time, we have had nothing but problems. We had a repair-person at our home this past week to correct a problem, only to find the problem again later that evening. So – we have to go through the process of scheduling another appointment. After the first time, I spoke with someone at customer service and they offered me a 6-month extension on the warranty. I accepted, but then when I asked to (still) speak to a supervisor, she recanted the offer. What kind of customer service is this? She then put me on hold where, after 20 minutes on hold – my call was disconnected. Since this time, we have had a problem with it again. Sears sent us the wrong part – so we had to get the rightpart ordered, and then get another appointment scheduled. I did not buy a machine for this kind of money only to turn around and wash dishes by hand – on three different occasions now. I sent individual letters to the Board of Directors, but I suspect I will not hear from them. One would think – that Sears would want to “right this wrong” and get us a new replacement! But, I also understand that in order to be eligible – we need to have four repairs in a 12-month period. I now have three. My last frustration is – my warrantly expires on Oct 18. What if a problem comes back next month? Is Sears going to walk away – even though I have a history of problems with this? It would be so nice for Sears, in recognizing my loyalty to them as a 25-year customer, to extend that same loyalty to me and give me a new replacement. Something tells me that this will not happen. Very disappointed!!

Answers

3 answers

1. Welcome, hannon49! Thanks so much for taking the time to post your concern today. I am so sorry you have had these troubles getting your dishwasher repair-especially as it sounds like you have been a great customer for many years. I am going to send this along to SearsCares, the customer service escalation team. They will do what they can to help.

A team member will respond here in a bit. Once they do, I will reach out via email to let you know, so you can be in touch.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Hello - thank you for your reply. I would like to apologize for my skepticism, but I have heard your (kind) words from the many calls I have made this past year. It's as if all is reading from a script - yet nothing gets done - other than having me reschedule. I have spoken to people at the escalation team, which I believe was the one individual who recanted the warranty and then put me on hold for 20 minutes only to be disconnected. You could be sincere, which I thank you. I just want a resolution that is a win-win for me and for Sears. I would think that a replacement is warranted - because of the problems, but I do not meet the eligibility requirements with only three repairs and not four. I eagerly wait to see how this can be resolved. In the meantime - the repair is scheduled for tomorrow.

2. In response to SHC-JulieK

hannon49,
      We’re sorry that our customer service did not meet expectations with regards to your recent dishwasher experience. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would like to have a case manager look into this with you and assist in addressing your concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dishwasher was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (hannon49) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue.

Thank you,
      David W.
      MySears Community Moderator

See More