Question

Warranty refrigerator replacement problems

I bought a Kenmore refrigerator during Aug’12 that stopped working during early June’13. Still under warranty, Sears tried in vain for 2.5 months to repair it over 8 appointments replacing multiple parts. Sears finally gave up an offered me a replacement. Since same model is not available anymore, I was promised that the authorization department will offer me a dollar amount that I could apply towards purchasing a new refrigerator. I got the case # on Aug 8th and Sears promised a turn around time of 72 hours. Not it is double that time and the representative just now told me that authorization department is backlogged and it could take an additional 120 hours and that too is not a guarantee. She said she could not do anything about it including not letting me talk to her manager and that I have to wait patiently. I dont think Sears really cares much about its customers as there seems to be no flexibility such as I buy a new refrigerator now and Sears adjusts the amount after the auth department wakes up and comes up with the amount. I explained I have small kids and that didn’t seem to make any difference. Very frustrating. I have emailed smadvisor@searshc.com with this issue and hopefully someone will pick it up to help. Or is the next step a BBB complaint? Any other ways I can expedite this?

Answers

6 answers

• San Jose, CA

We've found having a mini-fridge in reserve helps with lags in Service time.

There is no doubt going to be some sort of Gift Card offered to you for your inconvenience, that could be applied toward the purchase of a mini-fridge.

Good luck with the departmental scarce resources.

1. Dear Jayk ,

It truly concerns us when we hear things like this said about the products we sell, or the services we provide. We aim to deliver top notch service to each of our customers, but from your post it is clear we still have work to do. My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Cares team. We regret that you’re having this experience with your refrigerator, and apologize for the manner in which your repair was handled. We would like the chance to look into this for you, and see what can be done to help. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Jayk ), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Thank you,
    Brian S.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-BrianS

I have provided the requested information and still waiting to hear back ....

2. In response to SHC-BrianS

Hi jayk,

We appreciate you checking in with us today and providing us an update on your status.

I have forwarded your response to our Sears Cares team to let your case manager know that you are still waiting for contact after sending in requested information.

Thank you!

2. Hi jayk! Welcome to MySears! I am so sorry you are having such a hard time getting that fridge replacement. We can get you in touch with the SearsCares team to help. You will be assigned a case manager who will be your one point of contact who will ensure you get your new refrigerator.

Check back right here in a bit. A team member will respond shortly.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Checking back here everyday and still don't see anything ... No case manager assigned yet and continue not able to buy a fridge during these hot summer months.

See More