Question

Washer and dryer set from Sears, order cancelled on Aug 2, still waiting for refund on Mastercard and now someone’s phoning to do survey about the appliances’ performance?

I purchased a LG Washer and Dryer set from Sears in store, Cornwall Centre, Regina, on May 28, 2013. I paid with my Sears Mastercard the full amount of $2038.83. Delivery date was for June 29, 2013, Montmartre Sears location. Sales person : Joe Z*** ( 3** **9 1**4 Ext. 226)
On July 5, 2013 I made enquiries about the delivery and then once every week. Every time my purchase was on back order and the date of delivery was postponed. On July 5, I made a payment on the Sears Mastercard for the full amount!!!
On Aug 2, Joe Z*** was on leave for the long weekend and I spoke to someone else. As the expected delivery date was by then predicted for Sep. 22 . I asked this person to cancel my order. He agreed that it was a reasonable decision from my side.
On Aug. 14 I made a purchase for another washer and dryer set from a different supplier for the same price , paid with the Sears Credit card. On Aug 16 I phoned in to enquire about the money that was supposed to be refunded on my Sears Mastercard and was given a reference number and the ensurance that it would be fixed by the middle of the following week. I also phoned Joe Z*** in Regina and he confirmed that the order was cancelled on Aug. 2 . I was told that they have 30 days to submit a cancellation to the Card division. So the Aug. 18 statement was issued with me owing Sears Mastercard the amount purchased on Aug. 14. I have not used my card since then for any other purchases since.
I did another enquiry on Aug. 30 and again about a week ago, as I was checking the Mastercard statement on line almost every day. I voiced my concern about the outstanding amount on the card, the implication of being charged interest for late payment and the effect it would have on my credit score. A lady told me that I would not be charged with interest and it would not reflect on my credit score. I asked whether I should pay the minimum amount just in case and she told me it was not necessary. I believe these phone calls are recorded for quality and training purposes???
On the Sep. 18 statement the money is still not refunded to my Mastercard, I have been charged interest , I have been charged for a late payment and the credit available is set to zero. I can just imagine what this is doing for my credit score.
If Sears refunded the money that they’ve owed me on the LG washer and dryer set nothing of this would have happened.
I did my best to avoid this by phoning in, asking for direction. Every time I was told it would be taken care of by middle of the following week. For two and a half months I even did a whole families laundry by hand. I saved for this purchase that’s why I paid it in total on July 5. I just could not dish out another $2000 before yesterday’s statement was issued.
In the meanwhile someone phoned twice on behalf of Sears to do a survey about my level of satisfaction in connection with the performance of the washer and dryer set. How did my name ended up on their list?
I am disappointed and upset. I do not want to hear how sorry you are or the ‘valued customer’ thing. I want Sears customers to be warned . How many washer and dryer sets am I going to buy in my lifetime here in Canada? This first purchase was a nightmare and my excellent credit score is ruined. Sears is dragging there feet when it comes to refund ing money that they law fully owe some of us.
I have sent this letter of complaint to the Saskatchewan Consumers Forum as well as to the Sears Financial office.

Answers

2 answers

1. Dear Boervrou,

We are sorry that your washer and dryer delivery was postponed multiple times, causing you to have to cancel your order. We understand that the delay you are currently experiencing in receiving your refund only adds more frustration to an already unpleasant situation for you. We’d love the chance to help facilitate a quick and satisfactory resolution for you. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Boervrou), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We do look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thank you,
    Brian S.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi Boervrou!

We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention in the MySears Community. I understand completely how frustrating this has been for you and would like to reach out to help you further in resolving this issue.

I have escalated your concerns to our Sears Cares team to help locate the status of your refund. Once our team responds, additional information will requested so that a dedicated case manager can help you further.

Please know that this team will do everything that they can to help in returning your refund to you. I will be reaching out via email once a response has been posted.

Thank you!