Question

We are loyal Sears customers – always go there first, and usually make major (and lots of minor) purchases there. Appliances to date: 3 refrigerators, 2 washer/dryer combos, 2 ranges, 1 washer, 1 dryer, 3-4 house vacs, 3 shop vacs, 1 a/c.. Anyway, last week, needed a new washer and dryer. This experience was not what we expected. We were so disappointed. We ordered a top load washer; the confirmation email said “your front-load.. Is being delivered tomorrow ..” And it got worse from there. We always order delivery with installation: they have the expertise and the manpower, so why risk damage to the heavy appliance and injury to ourselves? But this time, they didn’t install the leveling legs to the dryer, or the water line for the “steam” cycle.. We’re supposed to do that? Disconnect the dryer, turn it on its side (they say it takes two people), and put them in? Hopefully connecting the water line is easy. So what installation, exactly, did we pay for? And we paid for “haul away” of the old unit too but they didn’t have room in the truck so they’re coming back, supposedly, on Sunday. I really hope they do. It’s sad when you want a company to succeed and they just don’t seem to be doing very well. Did I mention that we had to pick a different brand of washer because (supposedly) “Maytag doesn’t make a top loader anymore”? I don’t think I believe that but they wouldn’t be liars, too, would they?

Answers

3 answers

1. Maytag's top-load washers are transitioning to new models, and are currently unavailable at most stores, while the previous models have pretty much sold out completely. It's pretty common in the appliance and electronics industry for old inventory to be sold down before new inventory is released. Salespeople don't like it any more than you do for the same reasons, but the manufacturers need to make sure previous generation product is sold through before they start putting out new product.

2. PragmaticPatriot,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Cares team. We're very sorry to hear we've missed your expectations with regards to your washer and dryer purchase. We certainly don't intend to cause any concern over the services we provide and we'd like to make sure this issue is addressed and resolved to your complete satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (PragmaticPatriot) and phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,

Brian H.
    MySears Community Moderator

3. Hi PragmaticPatriot!

Thank you for joining the MySears Community and sharing your experiences with us!

I sorry to hear that you had difficulties with your scheduled delivery of your appliances. We would like to help in making this right by connecting you with one of our Sears Cares team members.

They will be able to help you further by viewing your account. Please check back periodically for a response for they will be requesting additional information.

Again, we thank you for bringing this issue to our attention!

See More