Question

We bought a new Kenmore bbq grill in July 2012. We also purchased the Sears Protection Plan. We went to start the grill the other day and it would not ignite. I called the 800# on 7/6/13 to schedule repair service and was told that someone would need to call me back. On 7/10/13 I received a message saying that the earliest someone would be here to look at my grill was on 8/1/13. That’s 26 days to get a grill under 1 year old and under warranty and Sears Protection Plan serviced. I called back and was told that there is only one technician in the area that works on grills. Really? One person for Long Island in the summer to work on grills? When I called the 800# number back and asked to speak with a supervisor, I was put on hold for 45 minutes and finally hung up. Clearly, no one was going to pick up the line. I find it totally unacceptable that it would take 4 days to schedule a call to tell me it would take another 26 days to have a service call. Any suggestions?

Answers

4 answers

• San Jose, CA

Is the wire from the grills igniter connected to the igniter power module?

Is the battery installed in the module?

Is the battery facing the correct direction in the module's battery compartment?

Have you read the section of the manual concerning manual lighting of the BBQ, with a match, while you are wait on a service call?

1. Hi Bhofmom, sorry you are having trouble with the grill. have you checked the owners manual to replace the battery if the igniter does not click. It's a simple process and usually an AA or AAA battery. The manual is available free on Sears ManageMyLife.com.

2. Dear Bhofmom,

We are truly sorry to hear of the difficulties you are experiencing with your grill and for the delay with getting service out to your home. We certainly understand that we are in the midst of grilling season and being able to use your grill is a simple request. We would like to speak with you to discuss options that are available to resolve your issue. At your convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Bhofmom), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com and we’ll be in touch.

Thank you,
    Misty H.
    MySears Community Moderator

3. Hi Bhofmom,

Welcome to the MySears Community!

I am sorry to hear that you are running into issues in getting your Kenmore Grill repaired. We understand your concerns with the time frame and would like to help you further in getting your grill repaired.

I have escalated your concerns to our SearsCares team so that they may look into this issue for you. We ask that you please check back to this thread periodically for a response from one of our team members.

Once they respond they will be requesting additional information from you so that they can provide you with a case manager for whom you will be working with.

Thank you!

See More