Question

We have a front load washer model 417 40142000 sears kenmore. I noticed my loading the detergent/bleach/softener dispenser an observed that it was badly in need of cleaning. I tried to remove it to do so but can\’t figure how to completely remove it. What is the secret?

It slides halfway out, but stops

Answers

3 answers

1. Hello Indiana-Bob. I see that inquisitivemind already posted an answer for this question. Page 61 of the shop manual that he provided does show how to remove that dispenser. Pull it out until it stops and then press down on the release tab that you will find on the back left portion of that dispenser drawer. You can then pull it completely out and clean it.

2. Hi Indiana-Bob - Your washer was manufactured by Frigidaire, which is totally owned by Electrolux. There is a Shop Manual for this series of washers, and it also applies to their Kenmore cousins, at:
    http://www.emaservicetips.com/pdfs/360_TumbleActionWashers.pdf
    Page 61 details how to remove the detergent dispenser drawer.
    Good Luck

3. Hi Indiana-Bob,

Its great to have you with us in the MySears Community!

I am sorry to hear of your issue of trying to remove the dispenser. I am going to send this to our MySears Experts to help you to find the answer of how to clean this part.

Check back shortly for a reply.

Thank you!

See More