Question

We have a ken more elite washer that just makes a buzzing noise when you turn it on. It is only a little over a year old. We need to decide if it is worth repairing

It does have an electrical burn smell to it and it will not do anything now

Answers

3 answers

1. When you say "turn it on," do you mean when you press the Power button, or when you begin a cycle by pressing the Start/Pause button?

2. If the unit is just over a year old then repairing is most likely the best option. I would be able to provide a more detailed answer if a model number was provided. Most washers would start the cycle by filling with water. If the washer is not filling then the hum you hear might be the water valve. Replacing the water valve is not a major repair and can be a great do-it-yourself project if you feel so inclined. If you reply with a model number I may be able to offer more detailed advice.

3. Welcome, Brokenappliance! Thanks so much for posting your question today. One of the Appliance Experts will be happy to offer advice on your washer. If you could also post the model number of your washer, that could help the Experts to diagnose the issue more accurately.

I will pass this along, in the meantime, so they can supply the best possible answer for you. Check back soon for a response.

Thanks!

See More