Question

We have a Sears 795.79752.901 refrigerator that is about three years old. The ice maker is not making any ice. We did a reset by turning off for a few minutes, and it made ice for a day or so. But this is not working a second time. We had recently replaced the water filter. The water is still flowing out fine from the dispenser.

Model #795.79752.901 refrigerator

Answers

2 answers

1. I'm sorry you are having this problem with the icemaker. If the icemaker will not reset a second time, there is one other option you can try. Press and hold the water fill button (cube size) for 3 seconds. This will place the icemaker into a cycle. If it does not cycle, the most likely problem will be with the icemaker but it could also be with the control board. If it does cycle and refills, the most likely problem will again be with the icemaker. However, if the temperature in the icemaker compartment is not getting cold enough (below 12 degrees), it will also cause the icemaker to stop working. I recommend having a technician check this. You can call 1-800-469-4663 to schedule a tech to come out.

2. Hi PolarBearMH,

Thank you for posting your question in our community forum today. I am in the process of checking with one of our Appliance Experts to see how they can help in resolving your issue.

Check back soon for a response.

Thank you! ;)