Question

We have a whirlpool ED22Texhw02 side-by-side refrigerator/freezer. The fridge is working fine, but the freezer just stopped working (i.e., it’s not cold at all). Any ideas on what might be the problem?

Answers

1 answer

1. I'm sorry you're having this problem with the fridge. This is usually due to poor air supply to the fridge section. If the fan motor in the freezer stops, it will cause this problem. If the motor is running, check to see if there is a thick frost accumulation on the back wall in the freezer. If this is taking place, it will indicate there is a problem with the defrost system. As the frost accumulates, the air flow to the fridge section will be reduced. In this case, you can turn the unit off for 24 hours to allow it time to defrost and it will also help to leave the freezer door open. When all the frost is gone, the unit will cool ok again for a few days, until the frost starts to accumulate again. This will allow time to have it checked and repaired. You can call 1-800-469-4663 to schedule a tech to come out. I hope this will help you.

See More